I've noticed the phone finally after a year and a half with it is finally acting up some. I even thought I had a virus. Ive never dropped it and the phone has been awesome until lately. im almost sure setting it to original manufacturer settings will help ... at least some ?
    05-03-2015 09:09 AM
    Hello. Do you use the same cable in the car and home. Cables do give out. Do you use the original wall charger. It could be a variation of these. Try alternatives.
    I wouldn't factory reset just yet, it probably won't help.
    See if there is a bulge on the battery by seeing if it will spin on a flat surface.
    A battery will charge more easily around the 50% mark, try it then if you can.

Install the GSam battery monitor app, it will show the rate of charge.

[Guide] The Care and Feeding of Lithium Polymer Batteries

05-03-2015 12:17 PM
    The charger is probably the main thing to look t. Samsung chargers tie the data pins together to tell the phone that it's on a wall charger, not a computer, so it can draw more current. Run Galaxy Charging Current Lite to see how much current the phone is drawing in the car. Then plug it into a computer and see how much it's drawing (it'll probably be less). Then see how much it draws from the wall charger.

If it draws more in the car than from USB, but the same from the wall as from USB, it's the connection in the charger. (They can be opened and resoldered, but if you don't know a hobbyist who can do it for you, it would probably cost as much to do it as buying a new one.)

If it draws less on the wall charger than from a USB port (using the same cable), it's probably a bad wall charger. That would require a new charger.

(Normal is about 450mA on USB (it may go up to 900mA) and 1,200mA on the original charger with the original cable.)
    anon8380037 likes this.
    05-03-2015 12:24 PM