How do I get back the pictures in my Whatsapp history that i moved to external SD?

A

AC Question

As my internal storage on my Galaxy S 4 was running out, I decided to move the contents of the WhatsApp folder to my external SD storage. However, when I opened my Whatsapp, all conversations where still there, but the pictures in the conversations were blurry, and when I clicked them it said it couldn't find them. Also, where I would normally see a lot of pictures in 'Media Shared' on the information of groupchats/persons, it has now been resetted.

My question is, how can I get back all pictures and videos in my whatsapp chat history, whilst keeping the files on the external SD card? I hope my question makes sense, if not, let me know.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You want the files to remain on the SD card, but the contents of the files to be in the Whatapp internal storage. That's like being you but being me. You have to tell Whatsapp (it it's possible - I don't run the app) that it should store its pictures and videos on the external card (after copying that folder to a computer for safekeeping, just in case). Once it does that, you can put all the files into the folder it created on the SD card.