Play.goole.co.in shows an ad to install du speed booster on my android one device.It warns my android cpu is outdated and running out of memory?Is it real or a strategy by the ad developers to install the app?Is du speed booster inevitable on my device?
    Hellllp! Please!!!
    05-03-2015 11:56 AM
    Anything by DU is terrible, evil crapware to be avoided! The nag ad you are seeing is nothing but an attempt to turn your money into theirs.

DO NOT use any task killers, RAM memory optimizers/boosters, battery savers/repairers, cache cleaners, antivirus, etc etc. None of that stuff is necessary. Such apps are actually counterproductive and some are just plain evil. They actually waste power and may disrupt critical system processes and degrade performance. Not to mention the nag ads many throw up as you have seen.

To understand why such apps are so bad go back in this thread and read posts # 3, 23, 27, 31, 33 & 180 - especially 180. That should be plenty of information.

http://androidforums.com/index.php?threads/896663/

Actually, it's a good idea to read the entire thread. Lotsa excellent information.

Android is excellent at handling running processes and memory with no help from 3rd-party apps or user assistance.

Just let Android do it's job as intended, relax and enjoy your phone.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    05-03-2015 12:16 PM
    Anything by DU is terrible, evil crapware to be avoided!
    As is anything made by Cheetah. It's required that you not install any apps made by either one or, if you have, that you uninstall them. Crashdamage's second paragraph says almost all, except for something said by one of the people who actually wrote the code in Android, so she should have just a little idea of how it works - Multitasking the Android Way.

Android does what those 3rd party apps claim to do - and they do exactly the opposite. (If one of them decides to "clean" an app that Android wants loaded, you get a pendulum effect - load, unload, load, unload ... which can bring the phone to a crawl and kill the battery quickly. Remove the bad app and miraculously the phone speeds up and your battery lasts for hours - without keeping your RAM cleaned (which is exactly what Android doesn't want happening). Windows likes miles of empty space in RAM, Android wants as much RAM filled as possible.
    Crashdamage likes this.
    05-03-2015 12:30 PM