I have an Xfinitiy/Comcast email account. I see the emails in the email app on my Galaxy S6 which is to sync my email. The mail goes into my PC Outlook normally. I've been noticing however that any mail which is read or opened on the phone does not sync into my Outlook. Is anyone aware of why this could be occurring? I need to get the email to go to my Outlook data file so I need to know what setting on the phone could be causing this to happen. It never happened on my S4, which was just replaced by this S6 two weeks ago.
    05-03-2015 04:25 PM
    If the account is set as an IMAP account, reading it on any device makrks it read on the server, which shows it as read on any other device. Deleting it deletes it on the server, so no other device can read it.

If you want the apps to keep the emails on the computers, not the server, change the account to POP3. (Then delete the account in both the phone and in Outlok and create it again on each, so the email clients can set up as POP3 clients.) You'll have to check the app or Outlook to delete from the server (so you have a way to really delete an email) or you'll have to go to the webmail site for the account to delete them.

As for how to change the type of account, if you can't find it on Comcast's support site, call their customer service number.
    05-03-2015 08:44 PM
    Thank you but my issue is not that they are showing as read. The messages, once read, do not sync with Outlook. Outlook is not receiving the messages from the server if they are read on the phone or Comcast mail app website. I just want Outlook to pull them from the server after being read on the phone.
    05-03-2015 09:41 PM
    If it's POP3 service, make sure that in server settings it is set to leave mail on the server, if the option is available. If there's no such option, you need a mail app that does offer it. Offhand, I don't know which ones do but Maildroid and K-9 are good bets. AquaMail always leaves POP3 mail on the server by default.

If it's IMAP mail service, check your settings in Outlook. With IMAP unless mail is deleted it stays in the inbox and is only marked read.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    05-03-2015 10:37 PM
    Exactly what crashdamage said. MailDroid will also by default leave it on the server.
    05-04-2015 08:13 AM