Why android system killing my battery?

A

AC Question

I got this AT&T Galaxy Alpha about a week ago and I charge it almost 3 times each day and I think this is not normal ... I checked my usage and Android System is 63% and Screen is 15% ... How can I fix this?

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Did you check for any updates for your Alpha since its only a week old and depending on the apps you have installed 1 or more of the apps is causing a wakelock where it calls the Android System to wake the device. Its common issue with apps that are not optimized and overall poorly written. I would start with a fresh device and add apps slowly over time to find out which app is causing the issue.

Another solution is to use Greenfiy or a battery management app to track what is using the battery. Starting fresh is a more effective way, but takes a while as you need to add apps very slowly, try one every couple hours to see what is killing the battery.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Or just start in Safe Mode* and run the apps one at a time until one of them causes the problem.

*Power off the device.

Press and hold the Power/Lock key until the Samsung logo displays.

When the Samsung logo displays, release the PowerLock key and press and hold the Volume down key until the lock screen displays. You'll see "Safe Mode in the lower left corner of the screen. (To exit Safe Mode just restart the phone.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2