Is it possible to set a specific notification for an individual contact? I know you can set a default notification for all incoming gmail emails but I would like to set a different email notification in gmail for a contact.

thanks
    05-03-2015 08:49 PM
    You can't do this with Gmail or the stock app. MailDroid will allow you to set rules like this per account and at the individual contact or subject level.
    05-04-2015 04:50 PM
    Is it possible to set a specific notification for an individual contact? I know you can set a default notification for all incoming gmail emails but I would like to set a different email notification in gmail for a contact.

thanks
    Well, one way you could do it is to create a new label for email conversations with that contact (easiest on gmail on a real computer browser.) Then, using gmail's filter options, create a new filter rule that copies all email sent by that person to the new label you created.

Now, back on android, open the Gmail app, tap the icon top left (you should now see the label listed), scroll down to settings and tap it, tap your gmail address, scroll down to "manage labels", tap the label, then turn on label notifications, choosing the sound, vibration, etc., that you want.

Now, each time a new message arrives in that label, you will get a separate notification.
    05-04-2015 05:26 PM
    You can't do this with Gmail or the stock app. MailDroid will allow you to set rules like this per account and at the individual contact or subject level.
    I download and tested maildroid, well written app, lots of features, however it is missing one key feature which is the ability to reply or delete from the main drop down notification. You mentioned you are working on this. When do you expect this feature to be released?

Thanks
    05-12-2015 06:54 PM
    Well, one way you could do it is to create a new label for email conversations with that contact (easiest on gmail on a real computer browser.) Then, using gmail's filter options, create a new filter rule that copies all email sent by that person to the new label you created.

Now, back on android, open the Gmail app, tap the icon top left (you should now see the label listed), scroll down to settings and tap it, tap your gmail address, scroll down to "manage labels", tap the label, then turn on label notifications, choosing the sound, vibration, etc., that you want.

Now, each time a new message arrives in that label, you will get a separate notification.
    That is what i did but the gmail app is not working right, missing notification after phone is unused for a while. If you google this issue is affecting lots of other users as well.
    05-12-2015 06:55 PM
    That is what i did but the gmail app is not working right, missing notification after phone is unused for a while. If you google this issue is affecting lots of other users as well.
    It's 100% reliable for me, for years now. Gmail is one app I know I can rely on for notifications.
    05-12-2015 08:08 PM
    google s6 not getting notifications, heck look at the recent reviews in google play. I believe it is a combination of the device and lollipop, older device are problem free.
    05-13-2015 10:02 AM
    I've done this but now I'm getting both the standard gmail notification as well as the label notification, back to back, for every new email I receive within that label. Any way to prevent this?

Verizon GS6 5.1.1
    09-14-2015 01:32 PM
    I've done this but now I'm getting both the standard gmail notification as well as the label notification, back to back, for every new email I receive within that label. Any way to prevent this?
    Tell the filter that puts the email in the label to skip the in box (that's one of the options.)
    09-14-2015 02:28 PM