Is android phone with non removable battery or not?

A

AC Question

Micromax canvas Spark is available with non removable battery..The overall features of the phone is good..But I've no idea whether the removable or non removable battery facility is good or bad..Please help me.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
"Removable" just means that the phone has a battery that is easily replaced or removed. The back pops off easy and the battery sits in a cradle and is not hard-wired into the phone. This allows users to carry spare batteries if they needed to and also makes it easy to replace if the battery wears out over time.

Granted, most phones with 'non-removable' batteries can also have their batteries replaced, but it just takes a few more steps and the right tools to do the job. I've owned phones with either configuration and I don't have a preference either way... I've never owned a phone long enough for the battery to wear out nor have I ever bought spare batteries.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A phone with a non-removable battery has to go to the shop to have the battery changed, you can't do it yourself, because the phone has to be taken apart. So aside from costing more (the batteries have cables on them so they're more expensive, and you have to pay for labor), you can't carry a spare battery to swap in the middle of the day if the battery in the phone gets down to 40% (which is as far as you should discharge a lithium battery - see The Care and Feeding of Lithium Polymer Batteries), you can't swap batteries every month (which tends to prolong the life of both batteries).

Also, it's possible (VERY rare, but possible) for a lithium battery to start overheating and keep getting hotter until it bursts into flames (or even explodes - see Lithium Battery Fire Crashes). If it's removable, when you feel it getting hot you pop the back off and remove the battery. At worst, the battery burns or explodes (with no one near it) and you lose $10. If the battery isn't removable, you drop the phone and watch it melt - then you buy a new phone, because melting isn't covered by warranties.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38