I updated my Galaxy S4 mini with the latest upgrade (version 4.4.2), after which I have encountered multiple problems. They all seem to be related to the external SD card in a way or another. Firstly, my camera cannot store images to the SD card. It simply says that unable to save images and switching to phone memory, or something. Secondly, I cannot delete some existing files from the SD card, even with the phone's own Gallery app or My Files app. It just says "Deleting failed". I cannot move any apps to the external SD card (I used to have most of them there - the patch moved them on the phone memory it seems?). "Unable to move app" is the error message this time. Spotify crashes when it (apparently) tries to save something on the SD card (offline tracks etc).

So in other words, I can read all the existing files from the SD card, the apps can access the card, but almost none of them can write to it. I cannot even create a new folder on the SD card.

So my phone's memory is constantly full and I cannot utilize the SD card in any way. I have tried clean installs of most apps etc. I tried connecting the phone to a PC and deleting the contents of the SD card that way, but the PC could not delete anything (was able to read and copy the files, though). Or more precisely, the PC showed that it emptied the SD card, but on the phone I see all the files as if nothing had happened.

Aaaand I even formatted the SD card with all the warnings that all data will be lost etc., but alas! After formatting the SD card (no error messages given), all the data were intact on the SD card.

What am I doing wrong? Why has my phone as well as my PC apparently lost ALL write access to my the external SD card but has no problem reading it and, more importantly, how to fix this? HELP
    bass yamaha likes this.
    05-04-2015 05:07 AM
    Your SD card is corrupted, damaged or write-protected!
    05-04-2015 06:35 AM
    Or, on Android 4.4, on not built-in apps, you can't write to SD card! So, this is another answer!
    05-04-2015 06:37 AM
    Bump

Sent from my eSTAR CRYSTAL using Tapatalk
    06-15-2015 02:10 AM
    bump

Sent from my eSTAR CRYSTAL using Tapatalk
    06-15-2015 02:10 AM