Why does my weather widget show a different time than my phone?

A

AC Question

My lock screen shows the right time; 2:30. But when I go to my home screen my weather widget shows 3:30. the time on my notification panel is the right time; 2:30.

What is making my weather widget show the wrong time? How do I correct this? It's really annoying.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Are you using a 3rd party weather app? Regardless, check for settings of the weather app/widget and see if there is a sync option for where it is receiving its time/location, etc from. That will be the first place to start.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It seems to be that the app you are using does not support daylight saving.
And because the time in the phone is UTC plus or minus the timezone data plus daylight savings time for the location. All the widget is evidently using is time plus or minus timezone. Badly thought-out code, that's all. (That's what you do when you write the app, before you code it - figure out what the app should do - in this case, include the daylight saving time for the area [which isn't always one hour ahead]. Coding a badly written [meaning badly thought out] app produces a bad app.)

moheeb

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
And because the time in the phone is UTC plus or minus the timezone data plus daylight savings time for the location. All the widget is evidently using is time plus or minus timezone. Badly thought-out code, that's all. (That's what you do when you write the app, before you code it - figure out what the app should do - in this case, include the daylight saving time for the area [which isn't always one hour ahead]. Coding a badly written [meaning badly thought out] app produces a bad app.)

I think the developer of the app is reading the time from the weather server and not from the device, and this is the cause of the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech