Hi All, I have a problem with my HTC one M8, I believe it is being used remotely, is this possible?

A

AC Question

I noticed that the camera app has been running in the background, although the app was closed properly it was running 1 process but 0 service, and when I clicked on the camera icon in the running column of apps it came up with the message along the lines of "if camera app is stopped you could lose your work", which I found a bit out of the ordinary to the regular text and display that htc have. So I clicked stop only for the camera to reappear.I have also noticed that the Google Play Services app had changed its permissions, they were far beyond what I would consider necessary for the app to function properly and very different, more specific requirements to other google apps.
I believe too that the battery icon is false, It appears slightly jaunty and when compared to the text percentage display of the battery from both the phone and an external battery app it now stays permanently a 100% full.
Im a bit of a novice when it comes to android phones having switched from I phone last year, but is this kind of thing possible, with the strict security control from google and also the subscription to McAfee mobile security service surely anything like this would have been stopped early on?
Thanks in anvance for any advise anyone could give, I have my phone on the hardware reboot screen at the moment.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

It's perfectly normal for Running Apps to include apps that you are not directly using yourself. I just checked and I have 20 apps running, a couple of which were not immediately obvious to me as needing to run. But I think that Android OS knows what it's doing.
Your battery metering problem may be being caused by the third-party battery app you mention, which may be causing trouble to the stock battery metering. Safe Mode will test that....it temporarily disables third-party apps.
Regarding app permissions, check this article by Jerry Hildenbrand:
http://www.androidcentral.com/look-application-permissions

Posted via the Android Central App

crware9

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. The camera keeps starting in the background and it runs my battery down very quickly. I have now had to disable the camera because this has become so much of a problem.

How can I stop the camera from running in the background?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^Welcome to the forums.

First, try Safe Mode, which will test whether a third-party app may be causing trouble. If the problem stops, you'll have to identify and uninstall the app responsible.
Let us know if that helps....or indeed, if it doesn't.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane