Hello. My old nokia phone has recently stopped working so it's time to upgrade and get my first android phone. I have no interest in games (except for maybe some solitaire or sudoku) nor any need for hundreds of apps but I do a lot of text messaging and emailing so I don't want a phone that will run out of storage easily or not be responsive enough to quick typing etc, and I'm a bit confused between the 'internal storage' and 'phone storage' - if I get a basic entry level £50/60 phone off ebay with 1GB rom and 8GB ram and a A7 processor would that be ok for storing thousands of texts and emails or do I need something higher spec? Thanks in advance.
    05-05-2015 06:06 PM
    Hello Fred and welcome to Android Central.

I believe that 8GB of storage or internal memory will hold several thousand texts. A relatively simple-spec device would probably suit your needs but I'd implore you not to go for something simple-spec AND cheap. There are several good-quality devices available for about £100-150. I don't normally recommend specific devices, but let me point you towards phones like the Moto E 2015, for example. It's a good performer for its price - about £110 - and as well as 8GB of storage, will accept a micro-SD card for up to 32GB of extra storage.
    There are other phones that would do just as well, but you want to choose something with a bit of quality in it. Well, such is my opinion.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Hello Fred and welcome to Android Central.

I believe that 8GB of storage or internal memory will hold several thousand texts. A relatively simple-spec device would probably suit your needs but I'd implore you not to go for something simple-spec AND cheap. There are several good-quality devices available for about £100-150. I don't normally recommend specific devices, but let me point you towards phones like the Moto E 2015, for example. It's a good performer for its price - about £110 - and as well as 8GB of storage, will accept a micro-SD card for up to 32GB of extra storage.
    There are other phones that would do just as well, but you want to choose something with a bit of quality in it. Well, such is my opinion.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Golfdriver97 and fred1952 like this.
    05-05-2015 06:36 PM
    +1 on the Moto E. I think that is honestly the most cost effective phone right now.
    belodion and fred1952 like this.
    05-05-2015 06:53 PM
    if you are only interested in texting and no pictures, movies, etc then even 4gb space is enough for thausands of txt messages without any problem.
    fred1952 likes this.
    05-05-2015 08:30 PM
    Thanks for the information.
    05-06-2015 10:39 AM