Why does the S6 get extremely hot when charging? Why does the battery drain faster than the S4?

A

AC Question

I got the S6 on 5/3/15, no SD card slot, drops calls constantly, eats up data faster than ever(even when i am not using it), earpiece on phone when at its loudest is still low compared to S4, gets extremely hot when charging, battery drains faster than the S4 even when not using it,.. the list goes on.....

I should've kept the S4 (never had any issues with that except fast battery drainage), the S6 was a waste of a lot of money which I will never get back,. With all these problems.

If it's really true that doing a factory reset fixes all these problems, how do you do that?
(but I'm seeing below that it didn't work for other people)

Hey Samsung, you should give everyone their money back and take the S6 off your product line immediately. Do the right thing and do that. Do you realize how many peoples lives you affected and made even worse by our product?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! With any device, there is always the possibility of getting a defective unit. The issues you're having does raise that possibility. Have you brought it to your wireless store and asked for a replacement? Or contacted Samsung?

Dropped calls could be a problem with the signal in your area--how is it?

Go to Settings>Data Usage to see what is using up most of the data. You can try restricting the background data to control some of it.

Are you using the Fast Charge feature? That's going to cause more battery heat than regular charging.

Before you consider a factory reset, try a cache partition wipe first, which won't erase any personal data: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-21095. If that doesn't help, try booting into Safe Mode to see if the problems are due to a 3rd party app: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-21007

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci