Why am I sending and receiving txts out of order?

A

AC Question

Ok so this has been an ongoing problem for me now for a few weeks. I recently switched from an iPhone 4 with Verizon, to the HTC One M8 with T-mobile, but retained the same phone number.

Since the switch, I have not been receiving most of the messages from group chats I had been apart of originally with my iPhone. I was able to look at my friend's phone and confirm that I was missing a lot of the messages sent by others.

I also message my friend from my phone consistently (she uses an iPhone 6). Since the switch we have noticed that some of the messages I send are not received until a few hours after I actually sent them. For example, if I send 3 messages at about the same time, the first two may send and be received immediately, while the third will not be received for another few hours. Her messages to me have started to do the same. What could be causing all of this?

I do have MMS turned on for group chats through Textra by the way.

Also, I went back and turned off iMessage on my old phone after I had switched phones and carriers.

Thanks for any help!

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Ok so this has been an ongoing problem for me now for a few weeks. I recently switched from an iPhone 4 with Verizon, to the HTC One M8 with T-mobile, but retained the same phone number.

Since the switch, I have not been receiving most of the messages from group chats I had been apart of originally with my iPhone. I was able to look at my friend's phone and confirm that I was missing a lot of the messages sent by others.

I also message my friend from my phone consistently (she uses an iPhone 6). Since the switch we have noticed that some of the messages I send are not received until a few hours after I actually sent them. For example, if I send 3 messages at about the same time, the first two may send and be received immediately, while the third will not be received for another few hours. Her messages to me have started to do the same. What could be causing all of this?

I do have MMS turned on for group chats through Textra by the way.

Also, I went back and turned off iMessage on my old phone after I had switched phones and carriers.

Thanks for any help!

Did you de-register your iMessage? It can be done here: https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage Scroll down below the instructions to do it using the phone itself. Also, everyone you message that has an iPhone may need to delete your old conversations before texts will work properly. Not sure why, but when I switched to Android some of my iPhone using friends never had any trouble getting texts. With others, we both had to delete our text threads before they would send/receive properly.

Last edited:

chrisrainespro

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Please read the following instructions that I got from the T-Mobile website. I need to know how closely did your transfer process match the instructions listed below. Did you order the T-Mobile phone online or in a store?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Transferring your number to T-Mobile is easy. Once you've provided your account information, T-Mobile will contact your previous phone company to complete the transfer. In rare circumstances we are unable to transfer a number to our network. This is often because we don't have a transfer agreement with the original service provider.

Overnight shipping is highly recommended to ensure your new phone arrives before service on your old phone stops. Alternatively, you may call us to transfer your number to T-Mobile at a later time after you have received your new phone in the mail.
##**(Did you keep your Verizon service active until your new number was fully activated?)**##
*Be sure to keep your old phone and old account until your number is fully activated on your new account for seamless service

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech