My handset is HTC m9 earphones Dre beats when using the earphones I can not frwrd or rwnd tracks my earphones work fine on any other device I've tried altering settings and different apps nothing works the inline control now acts as volume instead of frwrd rwnd can anybody help please this is annoying thanks
    05-06-2015 12:55 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are those headphones "Made for iPhone"? Beats headphones often are designed specifically for iPhone, which means they may not be completely compatible with all Android devices.
    05-06-2015 01:49 AM
    There are the Dre beats that came with my previous htc Android device
    05-08-2015 12:20 PM
    Which HTC phone did you have before? Do the headphones still work on that old one?
    05-09-2015 03:14 PM
    It was a HTC one sv and my earphones work on everything that's all the HTC phones I've had including the mini ,desire,m8,but not on my m9 ...
    05-10-2015 09:56 AM
    There's always a possibility that they changed the configuration slightly with the M9, but I can't be sure about that. Are you able to test any other similar headphones on the M9?
    05-10-2015 12:10 PM
    In all fairness thanks for ur advice but it clearly shows you are of novice experience and are probably just someone who answers alot of questions on here and the site have given a title of some sort I clearly stated my problem from the start and you can not answer ....don't you think I've allready gone through the process of elimination allready duuuh
    05-14-2015 08:40 AM
    In all fairness thanks for ur advice but it clearly shows you are of novice experience and are probably just someone who answers alot of questions on here and the site have given a title of some sort I clearly stated my problem from the start and you can not answer ....don't you think I've allready gone through the process of elimination allready duuuh
    Please refrain from any attacks or insults to other members, especially members of the Ambassador or Moderation Teams. The advice given was similar to what I would have given you.
    UJ95x, dpham00, davidnc and 2 others like this.
    05-14-2015 10:42 PM
    it was not an attack I was simply just saying it comes to something this forum is called android central and you cant even answer questions accurately or precisely do any of you actually have credited qualifications in I.T or digital training because quiet frankly it seems you don't and may I also add this is not an attack it called constructive criticism
    05-17-2015 08:25 AM
    it was not an attack
    I am not inclined to agree.

do any of you actually have credited qualifications in I.T or digital training
    For the most part, no. We are regular users of Android who enjoy helping other people out on our spare time. This site is not affiliated with Google or any other OEM.

don't you think I've allready gone through the process of elimination allready duuuh
    it called constructive criticism
    This is nowhere near the idea of constructive criticism.
    B. Diddy, dpham00 and davidnc like this.
    05-17-2015 10:20 AM
    Please let me rephrase more succinctly: Tone it down. If you want help, that's fine. If you don't want help, that's also fine. If you're going to troll the ambassadors that is not going to work. Thanks.
    05-17-2015 10:31 AM
    it was not an attack I was simply just saying it comes to something this forum is called android central and you cant even answer questions accurately or precisely do any of you actually have credited qualifications in I.T or digital training because quiet frankly it seems you don't and may I also add this is not an attack it called constructive criticism
    Let's keep in mind that this is a free site. I do not get paid for posting here, but do so to help others and also for comradeship. If you want technical assistance from people who have professional training in Android technology then you should contact the manufacturer or carrier or professional services.

But I will be honest, I have gotten better help here than I have from the manufacturer or carrier.

Keep in mind that we are not experts. This is a hobby for us.

Also speaking from personal experience, at my work sometimes the dedicated IT staff isn't able to find a solution either. I know many people who have similar experiences.

It is constructive criticism when the criticism can improve the outcome. Respectfully, I don't think that what you said qualifies as such.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
    davidnc, Golfdriver97 and B. Diddy like this.
    05-17-2015 10:48 AM
    We're a community forum, not a tech support site. We're mostly enthusiasts who are trying to help each other out. If you want a professional support person, contact HTC or Beats directly. Good luck with getting a straight answer from them.

Posted via Android Central App
    davidnc, Golfdriver97 and dpham00 like this.
    05-17-2015 10:51 AM