The tablet suddenly died a year ago and recently we decided to replace the battery. The tablet turned on, works fine. But when we try to charge it, the battery icon blinks and does not show the proper battery percentage. It shows 80 even if the battery remaining is 62. However, I tried to plug it in and out and sometimes it shows Charging. I use chargers from my android phones because I do not have the official charger for it. Thanks in advance.
    05-06-2015 07:36 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Who did the battery replacement--a qualified technician, or was it a do-it-yourself job?
    05-07-2015 12:01 AM
    Yes, It was a qualified tech who replaced the battery
    05-07-2015 03:34 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Who did the battery replacement--a qualified technician, or was it a do-it-yourself job?
    Yes, it was a qualified technician who replaced the battery
    05-07-2015 03:36 AM
    If the USB leads you're using are good, there may be damage to the USB port. That may have been done when you were trying to get the old battery to charge a year ago? Better take it in to the repairer for testing.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-07-2015 04:41 AM
    Try a different usb cable. Maybe the one you are using has a short.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    05-07-2015 07:19 AM
    Try a different usb cable. Maybe the one you are using has a short.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for all the replies! I'll try it out And, is it normal that it shows different battery level when plugged with a shorted or incompatible charger? I've noticed it everytime I plug it. Currently, the remaining battery of the tablet is 12% but when plugged shows 20%. Thanks in advance. Still puzzled.
    05-07-2015 08:08 PM
    Hi guys! Update:
    Borrowed a galaxy tab cord from our neighbor. Still does not display charging. Battery icon blinks. Tried to turn off tablet to check if it will charge. No display of battery charging too but battery seems to get hot in a few minutes. I think that the tablet is charging. Using charger of clone galaxy s4. Is my assumption right? Thanks!!!
    05-10-2015 08:23 AM
    If the battery is getting really hot, it's either a defective battery or there was something wrong with how it was connected. I would bring it back to the place where you got it replaced and show them the problem.
    05-10-2015 12:13 PM
    eI have experienced the same with my iTouch 2G. Wont charge when on. Turned the gadget off also. No display but when plugged out and back again, iPod shows increase in battery level. I'll try to grab another charger and check it out.

Edit: Another thing I just have realized. Thinking that the heat that the tablet has been producing came from the battery. I was wrong. When looking from the back of the tablet, the heat came from the left side of the tablet. Oh no. Tried to turn on the tab, it still turns on. Still proceeds to the android os. Will post an update if the tab will charge with an original samsung tablet. Thanks
    05-10-2015 10:27 PM