Several weeks ago I noticed that the phone numbers in my contacts disappeared. I also noticed that the contacts from my daughters phone is on my phone. What is the fix...
    05-07-2015 08:54 AM
    I'm not sure why your personal numbers would disappear from your contact unless a setting was changed in your People/Contact app. The way to check this, which may also lead to the appearence of your daughter's contacts showing up, is to go to your People/Contact app and in the upper left hand corner it should say something like, 'Phonebook' under that it will say multiple sources or an email, Tango, SIM, etc etc. If you tap that it will bring up a drop down menu, from there you can select which sources are displayed in your contacts. If your daughter's gmail account was added to the device, either to share a calendar or email account, or some other app that you share that offers contact sharing that she is logged into on your device, similar to the examples I offered earlier, then it will be listed in that list as well. By checking or unchecking the boxes what is displayed will change. I believe this also affects contacts that your device will recognize as well. For example if you have Joe Jonhson listed as a Facebook contact but do not display Facebook contacts in your people app, when Joe calls it will only show a number instead of a name as you would expect since you are friends with Joe. So it sounds like one of your contact sources was turned off and her turned on in your people app causing the loss for you and the gain of hers.
    05-07-2015 09:29 AM