Hello. I was thinking about buying either the new Moto E or one of the new/older Moto G's as they seem to have pretty good reviews for entry level phones, but I was reading reviews of Lollipop 5.1 which suggested KitKat 4.4 might be better suited to these budget level phones and not to upgrade to Lollipop as it was intended for higher end devices could affect performance issues. Any thoughts on this?

(I was thinking the same with regards to the Samsung S4 Mini too, although being an older phone I think it comes with Jellybean 4.2 on it?!) Thanks.

EDIT: I meant to say the Samsung A3 moreso than the S4 mini as they are similar spec, but A3 is newer.
    05-07-2015 10:13 AM
    Hello. I was thinking about buying either the new Moto E or one of the new/older Moto G's as they seem to have pretty good reviews for entry level phones, but I was reading reviews of Lollipop 5.1 which suggested KitKat 4.4 might be better suited to these budget level phones and not to upgrade to Lollipop as it was intended for higher end devices could affect performance issues. Any thoughts on this?

(I was thinking the same with regards to the Samsung S4 Mini too, although being an older phone I think it comes with Jellybean 4.2 on it?!) Thanks.

EDIT: I meant to say the Samsung A3 moreso than the S4 mini as they are similar spec, but A3 is newer.
    Its worth it to get Lollipop on Moto G. I cant comment about moto E since i have not used it
    05-07-2015 11:06 AM