How can I avoid installing the Lollipop update on my Verizon LG G2?

A

AC Question

Everything I see on this forum (and others) indicates that many LG G2s are simply bricked or inoperable after installing the Lollipop update because it's so appallingly buggy. I've avoided it so far by using the "No, thanks" button on the pop-up notification that the update is "available." Now I'm getting a different pop-up with two choices--upgrade "now" or "later." If I select "later" I'm forced to enter a time, and it doesn't allow you to select a date other than today or tomorrow. Luckily you must check a box allowing the update to be automated for it to install by itself (you can bet I did not select that!).
Today, I "scheduled" a time for tomorrow afternoon--and the pop-up still came up a couple of hours later. This is the 6th time in two days. Clearly this is Verizon or LG G2's way of forcing the update on us. No more "No, thanks."
Does anyone have any idea how I can make this pop-up go away, and/or avoid this update (other than rooting my phone)? I'm afraid that one day I'll hit the wrong button and accept (as some other folks on these forums have done!) I like my phone. Don't want it bricked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36