I just need to know if my battery life is draining faster than it should for my use of the phone (I know it varies person to person). I just bought this phone (Galaxy S5) and I've been reading the forums to learn about the average battery life etc. The phone is used, but the previous owner said that the battery was fine. I charged it to about 95% last night and took it off the charger at around 9PM. I woke up at 5:15AM (so...almost 8 hrs) and it was down to 65%. I used it to 53% and went to work for about 6 hours, when I came back it was at 31%. It seems like that's a pretty fast drain for it to have when not in use. It's at 21%, and has been off the charger for about 16 hrs, with only one phone call and about an hour of total screen time. I know I'm paranoid because my last phone (Iphone 4s) had a terrible battery and would die without me even touching it in a matter of hours. But is this too much battery drain for that amount of time/screen use?
    05-08-2015 02:20 PM
    Welcome to the forums.

That does not sound good. What do your battery stats reveal as the main users of charge after a day's use?

Also, are all your basic settings, for location, syncing etc., set appropriately for your needs?
    What sort of signal strength do you have?
    If your settings are not ideal and your signal is poor, that may also explain the battery drain you had on the iPhone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-08-2015 06:45 PM