Why wifi disconnects network after few second of connection?

A

AC Question

Hi guys,
First of all I know there are many of topics like this, but none of solution worked for me, so here is my problem, i have Xperia Z2 with 5.0.2 Android.
Everything worked fine for few weeks, wifi connected automatically to my home network, but yesterday it stopped working. It connects for maybe 5 seconds and then disconnects. When i try to connect i need add password and then it connects for few seconds and disconnects again.
I had the same problem with my old router few months ago. Phone was connecting without any problems for months and then one day it stopped.
It was some old TPLink model, now i have TP Link W8790. The same scenario after few weeks ;(
I havent changed anything in modem settings, the same with phone.
Any other devices like my 3 laptops, and 2 other phones have no problem with connection.
My xperia connects to other networks without any problems.
I was looking for solutions everywhere.
I ve done all resetting device, changing modem settings, turning off encryption etc.
Could You please help me with this one?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sometimes it has to do with the router's firmware. Since this has occurred with two routers from TP-Link, you might want to see how things go with a router from a different manufacturer.