Why won't the Commute Card show?

batman-fan

May 9, 2015
Visit site
I've been using an Nexus 5 with latest updates installed for the last week having never had an Android before (long time iPhone user).

The Commute card hasn't appeared at all yet in Google Now and also, if I do an 'ok google' for 'show me the route to work' or anything similar, it just does a google search rather than showing me an actual route.

I checked to make sure that the Google Maps app knows my home address and work address and it does.

I'm guessing I've got to enable something else but can't figure out what.

Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How long have you waited for it to be updated? If it's been a few days, then maybe you should reset Google Now. Swipe in from the left, tap Settings>Now Cards, and switch Show Cards off, then turn it back on again. Google Now will have to relearn some of your preferences, but hopefully it'll learn them correctly this time.

batman-fan

May 9, 2015
Visit site
How long have you waited for it to be updated? If it's been a few days, then maybe you should reset Google Now. Swipe in from the left, tap Settings>Now Cards, and switch Show Cards off, then turn it back on again. Google Now will have to relearn some of your preferences, but hopefully it'll learn them correctly this time.

I'll give it another day or so and if it doesn't start to show then I'll try this.

Cheers.

batman-fan

May 9, 2015
Visit site
It seems to be working properly now. Came up with some route suggestions for home before I left work this evening.

What was cool is the route it suggested isn't one I've taken before - I followed it and got home quicker than usual - exactly to the minute that the ETA said I would. Amazing!

Thanks for all the help!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon