How can I fix a Skype video call camera problem (camera error) on my Insignia 10.1?

A

AC Question

skype video call camera problem (camera error) on insignia 10.1

When tablet switched on and camera selected, fine, camera comes on.
If however skype is selected to make a video call, on pressing the video icon to connect to the recipient, a box appears saying ... Camera error ... And no connection is made.
Further to this, on going back to the homepage and selecting camera, this now comes up with the same box saying ... Camera error ... unless I actually restart the tablet whereby the camera functions as normal.
Selecting Skype/video call again just reverts back to ...Camera error ...
Hope someone can help.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: skype video call camera problem (camera error) on insignia 10.1

When tablet switched on and camera selected, fine, camera comes on.
If however skype is selected to make a video call, on pressing the video icon to connect to the recipient, a box appears saying ... Camera error ... And no connection is made.
Further to this, on going back to the homepage and selecting camera, this now comes up with the same box saying ... Camera error ... unless I actually restart the tablet whereby the camera functions as normal.
Selecting Skype/video call again just reverts back to ...Camera error ...
Hope someone can help.
This sounds like an issue with Skype not supporting the device. I would first try uninstalling then reinstalling the application and see if that helps fix the problem. If it doesn't, contact Skype customer support and see if they can assist, or if an update is to be pushed which may help with this problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa