Im in ODIN mode, now what?

A

AC Question

My mom has a samsung galaxy s3 and recently she dropped it in water. it wouldnt respond at all, and i told my mom to put it in rice and now it does, however it wont turn on. the screen will only show a charging icon when plugged in, and it will either show it is completely uncharged or fully charged. i have tried to reboot it by pressing the home, power and volume up buttons at once, and it will show the samsung logo and 'reboot' or something like that in small blue letters but it will just go back to the charging icon. i put it into ODIN mode and i watched some youtube videos saying that i need to download the latest version of ODIN, but i dont know if that will fix my moms phone or if it will just make it worse.
im also going to include that my moms phone hasnt been working that well even before the water damage. it wouldnt pick up calls, it would turn off, it would freeze occasionally. it has been like that since she got the phone.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
If you are only able to access Odin after water damage then the phone is not recoverable. There's damage with the hardware.

I would suggest a replacement if possible. Otherwise, you can try contacting Samsung for support and see what they will suggests.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
If there is water damage, no software will help that. Water damage is hardware.

If she happens to have AT&T, Best Buy has the Galaxy S5 for $1 with a 2 year contract. That might be a better thing to do.

The S5 is also water and dust resistant BTW.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon