Do I have any hope for my HTC One m8 after receiving water damage?

A

AC Question

Recently I was laying on my couch and I had my phone on the ground when I spilled some water next to it. Without thinking I cleaned the water up and wiped the few drops that landed on my phone's screen off. When my phone reached 7% I attempted to charge it but my phone's battery began to drain at an even faster rate until it eventually died. I then tried several different chargers because I thought it was that one charger that was messed up. When it clicked I put it in a bag of rice for a day and a half but it still won't charge, instead the port and the micro-usb plug-in gets extremely hot. I owe 300 dollars on my phone still and the cheapest compatible phone on my current plan is also 300 dollars and I really don't want to shell that kind of money out, Are there any other solutions? Is my phone fixable at all?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Recently I was laying on my couch and I had my phone on the ground when I spilled some water next to it. Without thinking I cleaned the water up and wiped the few drops that landed on my phone's screen off. When my phone reached 7% I attempted to charge it but my phone's battery began to drain at an even faster rate until it eventually died. I then tried several different chargers because I thought it was that one charger that was messed up. When it clicked I put it in a bag of rice for a day and a half but it still won't charge, instead the port and the micro-usb plug-in gets extremely hot. I owe 300 dollars on my phone still and the cheapest compatible phone on my current plan is also 300 dollars and I really don't want to shell that kind of money out, Are there any other solutions? Is my phone fixable at all?

See if you qualify for HTC Uh-Oh protection plan. If you do, they can send you a replacement.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com%2Fus%2Fuh-oh-protection%2F&token=zvex2Syq

Sent from my splendid Note 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12