Why this site opens in my browser?

A

AC Question

Hello, since a few days ago I have had this problem with "higames.cc/?pinku", whenever I open the Default Browser of Android, or Opera, it will open as a new tab.
I have look up in the Configuration options for both Browsers and found nothing, also, I have deleted all the info for both with the same site opening again on the second time I open any browser. The only one that somehow is unaffected is Mercury Browser.

I have found nothing in the web regardin this website and wether it is malware, adware, spyware or what, and neither Avast, CM, NQ, MalwareBytes and Sophos have found an answer as well. Hope you can help me, or at least tell me if it's safe and I should stick only with Mercury.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello, since a few days ago I have had this problem with "higames.cc/?pinku", whenever I open the Default Browser of Android, or Opera, it will open as a new tab.
I have look up in the Configuration options for both Browsers and found nothing, also, I have deleted all the info for both with the same site opening again on the second time I open any browser. The only one that somehow is unaffected is Mercury Browser.

I have found nothing in the web regardin this website and wether it is malware, adware, spyware or what, and neither Avast, CM, NQ, MalwareBytes and Sophos have found an answer as well. Hope you can help me, or at least tell me if it's safe and I should stick only with Mercury.
Factory reset the device and backup everything on the SD card(s) and wipe those as well. It could be possible that something else is creating the problem, and it's best to be safe than worry. Especially when it comes to websites loading without you prompting.

Khree

May 26, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem, i did everything, reset my phone, took out my SD card, changed my sim card to another phone which was the same versionof my old phone, changed my google password, deleted/forced stopped Download manager, DMR protected content storage, Launcher and all of Google play apps, changed browser to google Chrome AND STILL this Higames.cc/pinku keeps coming up

ALSO, icons like "knightower, LazySwipe,ect" keeps downloading to my home screen and SD card. HELP! I'm really pc competent, OH, i also have AVG, Avast, Malwarebytes and 5 other spyware and anti virus apps on my phone and they found NOTHING but, this Higames keeps coming up.

I ALSO, change every google play setting as well as Gmail settings you can think of AND STILL this Higames keeps coming up and icons keep downloading so, this forum is my last resort even though I've Googled search this Higames and not much has come up. this post is the first ive seen anyone else having this problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Factory reset of the device before and after reformatting the SD card should eliminate it. But, that can be avoided - it's not a virus, that's an app that can be uninstalled if you can figure out which one.

Khree

May 26, 2015
Visit site
When I go to the details of the downloaded icons, it brings me to the app called , "Laucher & IBingo security" which came with the phone. I tried uninstalling but, these apps keep coming back as well as the icons.

samurai_goldfish

May 27, 2015
Visit site
I have this exact same problem. I have reset this brand new phone 4 times in 2 days to try to resolve this. What phone do you have? I'm wondering if it has something to do with the bloatware the companies have bundled.

I feel like this virus is on some kind of timer. The last time I reset my phone I added nothing but the essential stuff. That was about 6 hours ago with no problem and iv used the internet on my phone most of the day to check this. Then out of the blue, without installing anything. The higames starts opening a tabs again.

It's driving me insane. Even though this phone is new it's unlikely I'll be able to take it back because I live in Hong Kong. The land of warranties that appear to only be valid while your in the shop. Receipt or not. =(

Khree

May 26, 2015
Visit site
I swear, this is exactly what I did, reset my phone, uncheck automatic data restore, OH, I have a generic 100$ phone I bought off of Amazon, its a V5 4.2.2. I took everything off the phone except for the essentials, no google play, FB, messenger, Gmail and still, the same thing happens. OH, I noticed also in my files icon, another download folder installs with previouse apk files I had downloaded before like, I downloaded cc Cleaner, deleted it but this apk file keeps downloading also in a new download folder added to my file folder. Oh, its the file manager folder on my SD card where this download folder keeps popping up with a bunch of old apk files from old apps I downloaded a while back but ive been uninstalled them. Also, when I removed my SD card, same thing happens but on my file manager folder on my Sim card. this is really annoying bc I cant find the problem. OH, when I go to remove one of the icons that downloaded to my home screen, Chinese or Japanese writing comes up giving me a choice but I cant read either and when I remove it a few times, my phone resets and my system apps come up on my home screen. I hope someone finds the problem and who has done this so I can give them a good talking to and make ppl aware of this bc ive done everything u can think of to research and protect my phone

Last edited:

fjtd

May 29, 2015
Visit site
i have the same problem with my lead leagoo 5 but found solution after format 4 time,now found the problem here my problem with my solution and for me work 100x100
find youtube my video called pinku regards

AR25

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried installing a new launcher and/or keyboard from google play store. I had a similar problem on a Chinese phone and it was caused by the AOSP keyboard that comes with the phone.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon