After recently getting my A3 and forgetting my charger on an impromptu trip back to my parents I thought Id chuck my phone onto UPSM overnight and grab a new charger in the morning to charge my phone while I was away.

While i was sleeping my phone died but i picked up a charger from the shops, came home and tried to charge my phone to no avail. I went back to a different store and got another charger and it had the same effect.
    Ive tried booting into safe mode/Starting recovery mode and neither work.
    I would try remove and replace the battery but seeing as this model is an all-metal frame you cant do that.

Any help would be appreciated as my Dad got my the phone while overseas (brand new) and im not sure if the warranty would be valid in Australia where I live due to this.
    -Binnzy.
    05-11-2015 01:06 PM
    If it is an international model (not specific to the country of purchase) then Samsung might warranty it in Australia. You can contact them to see what they say.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
    05-11-2015 06:15 PM
    You can also try to press and hold the power and volume down button (at least on the s6,check your manual) to force a reboot.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
    05-11-2015 06:37 PM
    The same has happened to me. Were you able to fix it?
    08-02-2015 07:09 PM
    exactly the same here ! did you guys fix it ? how ?
    11-13-2015 11:15 AM
    Mathis just happened to my A3, and pressing the power and volume buttons together for a few seconds forced a restart and it worked
    12-08-2015 02:05 AM
    I joined just to say thank you to whoever suggested the volume down and power button solution. It worked! I put my three month old a3, which I had bought to replace another Samsung phone which was dead as a dodo, to charge overnight and I was awoken by what I thought was my alarm. Only when I tried to check the time on my phone it was dead, wouldn't charge, wouldn't switch on, nothing. I then checked the time and it was 2.20am so either the alarm I heard was something outside or the phone emitted a whiny sound before it shut down completely. In a state of panic and worry I googled the problem and here I was. Looks like this is a common problem with this particular phone....I had similar happen with my iPhone 4 once and revived it by pressing a similar combo of buttons but never so far with an android phone (when my other Samsung died it just froze and then didnt come back on when I did a hard reset)
    belodion likes this.
    01-20-2016 09:32 PM
    ^ Thank you for the feedback and welcome as a new member.
    01-21-2016 10:39 AM