Why can't my unlocked AT&T LG-G3 can't find the Lollipop Update?

A

AC Question

I have an AT&T unlocked LG-G3 running on T-Mobile. When I search for updates it says that it's up to date even though i'm only on 4.4.2. When I open up the Software update tab where it shows update history, it says 'last update: not updated'. It seems like I should be able to find the update but my phone can't for whatever reason. Anyone have a solution?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have an AT&T unlocked LG-G3 running on T-Mobile. When I search for updates it says that it's up to date even though i'm only on 4.4.2. When I open up the Software update tab where it shows update history, it says 'last update: not updated'. It seems like I should be able to find the update but my phone can't for whatever reason. Anyone have a solution?

Welcome to the forums!

It is because you are running an AT&T phone on T-Mobile. You need the AT&T update.

You can buy a prepaid card insert it, boot up and check, borrow a friend's AT&T card and do the same or you can go to Best Buy and have the Samsung counter flash the update.

I don't know if you can find it on Kies or not. You can also get the update and download and install with Odin, someone else might can help you with that.

If you are near a Best Buy, I would just take it and let them flash the update, they do it for free.

Akashymon The Viola Penguin

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site

If you have rooted, or are willing to root your phone and install TWRP, there is a flashable zip file of lollipop 20f that u can use to update.

Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-lg-g3/development/rom-lg-d850-20f-lollipop-5-0-1-extras-t3052041

Posted via the Android Central App

ajmal mh

Jun 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi as i am new to this site i have a very important question regarding my lg g3 at&t unlocked version.my phone is currently running on android kitkat and while trying to update it is showing that phone is up to date what should i do recive marshmallow.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi as i am new to this site i have a very important question regarding my lg g3 at&t unlocked version.my phone is currently running on android kitkat and while trying to update it is showing that phone is up to date what should i do recive marshmallow.

Hi Ajmal! Read the above post regarding your question, you should find your answer there. In that you can take it to a Samsung Service Center to have it flashed, or you can root your device and install the latest firmware through a customized ROM.