How to root Samasung Galaxy S4 without PC?

A

AC Question

My device's USB port is not responding. Can't charge the phone or connect to PC. And all backup/restore apps for app data backup requires the device to be rooted. So I'm trying to root the device, get a data backup of some of my apps and move the data to a new device and restore it there.

Here are some details of my device:

Model: GT-I9505
Android version: 4.4.2
Baseband: I9505ZHUFNL1
Kernel: 3.4.0-3501301

Can anyone give me some help on either:

How to root the device without a PC? or How to backup app data and restore it on another device?

I've tried these apps for rooting already: towelroot, KingRoot, Poot, and iRoot. All failed...

Thanks,

K

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
My device's USB port is not responding. Can't charge the phone or connect to PC. And all backup/restore apps for app data backup requires the device to be rooted. So I'm trying to root the device, get a data backup of some of my apps and move the data to a new device and restore it there.

Here are some details of my device:

Model: GT-I9505
Android version: 4.4.2
Baseband: I9505ZHUFNL1
Kernel: 3.4.0-3501301

Can anyone give me some help on either:

How to root the device without a PC? or How to backup app data and restore it on another device?

I've tried these apps for rooting already: towelroot, KingRoot, Poot, and iRoot. All failed...

Thanks,

K
Backup your data to the cloud then sync it to the other device. Alternatively, you can install an app like AirDroid, and transfer the data wirelessly through the WiFi network from the phone to a WiFi connected PC or laptop.

As far as rooting goes, the days of rooting via an app are over. At least for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol