My galaxy S4 just recently started doing this out of the blue. I will get the "sim card not detected" prompt and it will restart. I didn't realize at first it was receiving texts that triggered it, until after every time it restarted I'd have a text come through. There have been only a few times when it restarted and I didn't receive a text, and a few times when it wouldn't dial out so I'd have to restart it. Any idea what the problem is? The phone works fine otherwise. Thanks
    05-13-2015 01:22 PM
    My galaxy S4 just recently started doing this out of the blue. I will get the "sim card not detected" prompt and it will restart. I didn't realize at first it was receiving texts that triggered it, until after every time it restarted I'd have a text come through. There have been only a few times when it restarted and I didn't receive a text, and a few times when it wouldn't dial out so I'd have to restart it. Any idea what the problem is? The phone works fine otherwise. Thanks
    Remove the sim card and make sure it's clean. Reinsert and see if that fixes the problem. If not, the sim tray could be damaged. I've seen this before, and its usually a dirty sim or damaged tray. You can fix or ignore - could get annoying to have that error after a while
    Remove the sim card and make sure it's clean. Reinsert and see if that fixes the problem. If not, the sim tray could be damaged. I've seen this before, and its usually a dirty sim or damaged tray. You can fix or ignore - could get annoying to have that error after a while
    05-13-2015 01:40 PM