I have Samsung note 10.1 2014 edition ,
    i have a concern about my data privacy ,
    my question is my photos and videos are the backed up by default ?
    and if yes , how can i access them ?
    are there any the data uploaded from my android by default ?
    what are the type of these data ?
    where they are uploaded ( providing i have changed nothing with my tablet settings ) .
    simply , how else know about my data ?
    05-15-2015 04:01 AM
    Welcome to Android Central.

Whether you back up your personal data - photos or anything else - is your choice. This may help explain:
    https://support.google.com/nexus/ans...19582?hl=en-GB

Posted via the Android Central App
    mohamedosman likes this.
    05-15-2015 05:01 AM
    I have read the whole link , but I could not figure out what data is backed up by default ?
    Also this link is for nexus devices ,
    are not there any link for direct support ?
    05-15-2015 11:41 AM
    You can uncheck 'Back up my data' in the Backup and Restore setting. This doesn't include personal data, if at all afaik, just restores your previous connection settings and some app data to get you back after a reset.

For images etc you can have a look at what is checked to sync in your Google account. General - Accounts - Google with master sync on. I just drag my pics to my pc so I leave the sync setting for Picasa/Photos off.
    If you have Google+ running, seperate to the Google account, that would load your photos by default unless you selected off.
    You can disable the Google+ app if you don't use it for social media.

You can log in to your Google / Gmail account on any pc browser and search the Photos / Picasa (different names per device / region) section for any saved photos and delete. Also I would uncheck the People sync setting, though I am not sure if it still scours your Gallery for random faces as it did mine! Try the People drop down in Gallery.

belodion and mohamedosman like this.
    05-15-2015 02:02 PM
    Thanks ,
    but I have a question , I looked at the sync of my Google account as you said . But I haven't found all the back up options in the picture above . Does it vary according to devices or app enabled by google ?
    05-20-2015 04:21 AM
    Thanks ,
    but I have a question , I looked at the sync of my Google account as you said . But I haven't found all the back up options in the picture above . Does it vary according to devices or app enabled by google ?
    Yes it does. I used to always have Google+ disabled, as well as movies books, music etc, so the Google photos and many others wouldn't appear.
    mohamedosman likes this.
    05-20-2015 05:14 AM
    Yes it does. I used to always have Google+ disabled, as well as movies books, music etc, so the Google photos and many others wouldn't appear.
    First of all , thank you for your answers .
    Secondly , only to make sure :
    - back up feature for google account ( if activated ) is ((((only)))) for apps data , wifi passwords , contacts , emails and staff like that . This feature works only if sync is activated .
    - photos , videos , documents and other types of files are not backed up by default .
    - if they are backed up , they acquire special apps ( like drive ) .
    - photos and videos may be backed up to google + account ( also not by default ) .
    These are the sum of what I have found on the net regarding my question .
    Are the points I have mentioned above right ?
    Again , thank you for your help .
    05-23-2015 02:43 PM
    I still get confused with this myself, so don't take my ramblings as definitive.

I was referring to two different areas in android settings: The Backup and Restore feature which you can have permanently running but may need sync on to refresh, I don't know. See the first screenshot as to some items it may cover.

Then going to Accounts - Google - and checking the sync items you want. After a factory reset, or a major update, these are checked as on so you would have to uncheck them.
    I have a Motorola Moto G (as well as a Samsung), which is similar to Google Nexus vanilla/pure android devices, and sync seems to be permanently on without an option to turn it off.
    If you have Google+ disabled, you would still have an option in the regular Google account to sync photos with Picasa or (Google) Photos (name varies).
    I always personally saved my photos to a pc as probably mentioned, documents as well.
    However I am starting to let the new Microsoft apps (One Drive, MS Office, One Note etc) ,and Google Drive save some documents/notes, and Dropbox, Google+ and Google Drive (their cloud service) to automatically load photos for now (not in Google account settings), though it worries me still.

There is no one button press option in Android to save "everything" and restore "everything". Though there are two apps Helium and Titanium that do a good job of this apparently, though you would have to Root your phone for Titanium I believe.

Don't forget with Samsung you should keep your Samsung account active, imo, and let those Samsung account items sync as well.
    Then you have Samsung Kies for pc (which will also sync photos etc if you want) and the newer revised Samsung Smart Switch program, which helps transfer most things from an old to a new device, as well as doing 'full' backups like Kies.

If you were mildly confused before this, and are now totally flummoxed, then my work here is done.

Let me link you to Rukbat's better guide below instead:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...id-device.html
    05-23-2015 04:18 PM