Why doesn't new lollipop versions show missed calls?

A

AC Question

New lollipop update on Samsung Galaxy 4 does not show notification of missed calls on home-screen. This was a great feature. Now you have to check voice mail to see if you missed calls. Any solution that is known please let me know

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
New lollipop update on Samsung Galaxy 4 does not show notification of missed calls on home-screen. This was a great feature. Now you have to check voice mail to see if you missed calls. Any solution that is known please let me know

Welcome to the forums! Do you mean the number of missed calls on your phone icon at the bottom of the home screen?

Do you see the number of unread text messages on the text icon on the home screen?

William Murray1

May 15, 2015
Visit site
The icon at the bottom of the home screen used to show a count of missed calls with an actual number. With the latest lollipop update that does not show. If I go to notifications all I find is the number of new voice mails not missed calls.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm not sure since the message count shows. There is an app called "badge" something and that lets notifications show up on the icons. If that is disabled, none will show. I haven't noticed if I'm getting a count on my missed calls since the upgrade. Give me a few and let me test something.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The icon at the bottom of the home screen used to show a count of missed calls with an actual number. With the latest lollipop update that does not show. If I go to notifications all I find is the number of new voice mails not missed calls.

Hmmm..ok, it shows on my phone icon.

Have you tried a cache wipe after the update? Do you know how to do that?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have not, but I did use Clean Master to clean out most of the cache materials that are not used.

This is different though I think. I would try and boot into recovery and then wipe the cache partition and see if that helps. If not, the only thing I know to try is a factory reset. Someone else might come along that has some other ideas if the wipe cache doesn't work.

Also that cleaner..are you sure it didn't delete something? I generally don't use those type of apps, they have been known to delete things you don't want deleted.

taife32

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Try to find a launcher in the interim that will show you badges like Nova Launcher (unfortunately I think that part is on paid version of the launcher in Nova). Some other launcher might solve your problems for now until until someone comes with a better solution.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Gregory in Houston

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Perform the following:

Go to:

Apps>settings>more>application manager
Swipe screen to the left two times. See "All" in upper left hand corner. Tap "all."
Find and tap on "BadgeProvider" in the list.
Tap "clear data"
Tap "ok".

Your green phone icon should now show number of calls missed. This does not delete any personal data.