05-31-2015 02:43 PM
43 12
tools
    There's no huge problem, just want to make my phone run faster!

Posted via the Android Central App
    Then I'm not sure you will accomplish that by uninstalling any of the system apps or moving apps to the SD card. Is your phone lagging or not as fast as it should be?
    05-27-2015 01:29 PM
    So what can you advice me for making my device faster?

If you already have slimmed animations and don't have any garbage running, then the best advise would be to get a better device. This was very bad budget device in 2012 and it is now 2015. If updating the hardware is an option, I would recommend doing that asap.
    05-27-2015 01:36 PM
    Then I'm not sure you will accomplish that by uninstalling any of the system apps or moving apps to the SD card. Is your phone lagging or not as fast as it should be?
    I think it can be faster!

05-27-2015 01:51 PM
    To max your device's speed...

Depending on what is installed, disabling or uninstalling some apps might help a little. Uninstall any task killers, RAM memory optimizers/boosters, battery savers/repairers, cache cleaners, antivirus, etc etc. None of that stuff is necessary Most such apps are actually counterproductive. They actually waste power and disrupt critical system processes and degrade performance.

Use a minimum of widgets. I don't use any. Could help just a bit,

It might help - or not - to do a factory reset, just to start over fresh. But you may gain little or nothing for the effort.

Beyond this, it gets much more complicated.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    Klovis 27 likes this.
    05-27-2015 01:53 PM
    If you already have slimmed animations and don't have any garbage running, then the best advise would be to get a better device. This was very bad budget device in 2012 and it is now 2015. If updating the hardware is an option, I would recommend doing that asap.
    I was thinking of updating the software using custom rom bu' every article I found sent me to an invalid URL! On a cloud which requires surveys and even after doing the surveys I didn't get the files!

05-27-2015 01:54 PM
    To max your device's speed...

Depending on what is installed, disabling or uninstalling some apps might help a little. Uninstall any task killers, RAM memory optimizers/boosters, battery savers/repairers, cache cleaners, antivirus, etc etc. None of that stuff is necessary Most such apps are actually counterproductive. They actually waste power and disrupt critical system processes and degrade performance.

Use a minimum of widgets. I don't use any. Could help just a bit,

It might help - or not - to do a factory reset, just to start over fresh. But you may gain little or nothing for the effort.

Beyond this, it gets much more complicated.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    Thank you very much for the advices!
    Im gonna try them out!Can you plz help me with getting a custom ROM?

05-27-2015 01:57 PM
    The likelihood of you finding a custom ROM for that model is extremely remote.
    05-27-2015 02:01 PM
    The likelihood of you finding a custom ROM for that model is extremely remote.
    I found it bu' couldn't download it!That's why I need help!

05-27-2015 02:02 PM
    On a phone with that little storage, any custom ROM would most likely have to be loaded from an external source, like a computer, using a tool like Odin (since it is a Samsung).

Perhaps the site where you found the ROM would have the instructions you need to load it?
    05-27-2015 02:08 PM
    On a phone with that little storage, any custom ROM would most likely have to be loaded from an external source, like a computer, using a tool like Odin (since it is a Samsung).

Perhaps the site where you found the ROM would have the instructions you need to load it?
    The instructions are there!The problem is downloading the files

05-27-2015 02:10 PM
    There is no problem With my internal memory!Most of the moving apps I used redicted me to the app manager and in the app manager,there is no "move to sd" tab!

Have you looked at these instructions? Links for what you need are there also.

[ROOT] Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus GT-S5301 | Android Development and Hacking | XDA Forums
    05-27-2015 02:13 PM
    Have you loaded the ROM to an SD card? With the low internal you have, its probably the only option, and flash in your custom recovery.

From an AOSP M8
    Android Central Ambassador Team Leader
    05-27-2015 02:20 PM
    Have you loaded the ROM to an SD card? With the low internal you have, its probably the only option, and flash in your custom recovery.

From an AOSP M8
    Android Central Ambassador Team Leader
    I can't get to download it!

05-28-2015 11:18 AM
    Have you looked at these instructions? Links for what you need are there also.

[ROOT] Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus GT-S5301 | Android Development and Hacking | XDA Forums
    It's already rooted!

05-28-2015 11:19 AM
    Yes I know it is already rooted. In their rooted threads, they generally give you all the files you need. They also have ROM links there.
    05-28-2015 11:23 AM
    If the file is no longer hosted on the server you won't be able to download the file -- we can't really help with that.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    05-28-2015 02:30 PM
    To be bluntly honest... I doubt that removing any apps will help you out in any way, shape or form. There is no app, tool or hack that you can do that will make the phone you have any faster. It is a 3 1/2 year old phone that wasn't even close to being top of the line when it was introduced. It wasn't fast then, and 40 months later, it's not going to be fast now.

If you want a faster phone, your only workable option is to get a new phone. Sorry to say.

by the way, having apps run off the SD card will only help save a little bit of space.. but those apps will most likely run a lot slower since the read/write speed to the SD card will be a lot less than the internal storage.
    05-28-2015 02:32 PM
    Thank you all

05-31-2015 02:43 PM
43 12