What are the effects of uninstalling some System app?

Klovis 27

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
If I uninstall Google + and Samsung Account(knowing that I don't use any Samsung apps like Chaton or S app market) what could be the effects?

Posted via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
You might not be able to Uninstall them but you could Force Stop them. You would then no longer have what those apps offer.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Google+ cannot be uninstalled, but it can be disabled. As for the Samsung stuff IDK but as deeply embedded as Samsung apps are into the OS it's certainly very possible it could seriously break things.

Rather than risk it, why not disable all you can. Anything you can't disable, just ignore it, don't use it.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Some apps cannot be moved. It's becoming more common they cannot as time goes by.

Even with apps that can be moved, the entire app cannot be moved to SD. At least part of any app must be installed in the /system partition for the app to function. Sometimes that is most of the app and very little can be moved.

In general, moving apps to SD is not as advantageous as it was in the early days of Android.

Klovis 27

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Some apps cannot be moved. It's becoming more common they cannot as time goes by.

Even with apps that can be moved, the entire app cannot be moved to SD. At least part of any app must be installed in the /system partition for the app to function. Sometimes that is most of the app and very little can be moved.

In general, moving apps to SD is not as advantageous as it was in the early days of Android.

No,I mean I can't move any app at all!
There is no move option in app manager.I even tried lots of apps but none helped!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
No,I mean I can't move any app at all!
There is no move option in app manager.I even tried lots of apps but none helped!

If you are rooted, you can move apps to the SD card with this. Also you can choose what autostarts on boot up with this app.

You can also delete apps and move to the recycle bin of this app, so if you shouldn't have deleted it, you can move it back.

Of course you have to be rooted. You can move to the SD card with the free version of this, but you have to move one at a time. To move several at once, you need the free version.

Also on my rooted phones, I also deleted G+ and never had any issues.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.droidware.uninstallmaster&token=SpzloxT-

Posted from my Note 4

Klovis 27

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
If you are rooted, you can move apps to the SD card with this. Also you can choose what autostarts on boot up with this app.

You can also delete apps and move to the recycle bin of this app, so if you shouldn't have deleted it, you can move it back.

Of course you have to be rooted. You can move to the SD card with the free version of this, but you have to move one at a time. To move several at once, you need the free version.

Also on my rooted phones, I also deleted G+ and never had any issues.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.droidware.uninstallmaster&token=VKPsIWjv

Posted from my Note 4

Doesn't work!It loads bu' doesn't work

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The ability for the app to move to the SD card is up to the developer. If they don't support it in how the app was built, there is no forcing the issue.

Let's back up for a moment; What device do you have, and why the need to move your apps? If space is the issue, there are other things to look at that would be more effective.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Have you looked at the SD tab on your app manager? Without being rooted, those are the only apps that can be over to the SD card.

That is only going to be a small amount though. Most apps are generally pretty small.

Do you have ever pictures, audio files or video on your internal storage?

Klovis 27

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
The ability for the app to move to the SD card is up to the developer. If they don't support it in how the app was built, there is no forcing the issue.

Let's back up for a moment; What device do you have, and why the need to move your apps? If space is the issue, there are other things to look at that would be more effective.

Even supported apps can't be moved!
I have Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus S5301 4.0.4
Yeah!It's memory issues cause i need to free my phone memory for my device to run smoothly!Any other suggestions?

Klovis 27

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Have you looked at the SD tab on your app manager? Without being rooted, those are the only apps that can be over to the SD card.

That is only going to be a small amount though. Most apps are generally pretty small.

Do you have ever pictures, audio files or video on your internal storage?
There is no problem With my internal memory!Most of the moving apps I used redicted me to the app manager and in the app manager,there is no "move to sd" tab!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Even supported apps can't be moved!
I have Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus S5301 4.0.4
Yeah!It's memory issues cause i need to free my phone memory for my device to run smoothly!Any other suggestions?

You are on 4.0.4 and that could be the problem.

Personally, unless you are running out of room, I don't see much need in moving them.

A quick Google search and I found these instructions for 4.0.4, no idea if it will work, but I'll paste the instructions for you. Many apps could not be moved then, because the app developers did not allow it during that version of Android.

"first go to the APPLICATIONS menu

then click on the SETTINGS option in the main menu

then tap on the option APPLICATIONS in the settings menu

then go to MANAGE APPLICATIONS option and

then click on the applications you want to move to the SD CARD

then click on the option TO THE SD CARD
and you are done ....."

Klovis 27

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
You are on 4.0.4 and that could be the problem.

Personally, unless you are running out of room, I don't see much need in moving them.

A quick Google search and I found these instructions for 4.0.4, no idea if it will work, but I'll paste the instructions for you. Many apps could not be moved then, because the app developers did not allow it during that version of Android.

"first go to the APPLICATIONS menu

then click on the SETTINGS option in the main menu

then tap on the option APPLICATIONS in the settings menu

then go to MANAGE APPLICATIONS option and

then click on the applications you want to move to the SD CARD

then click on the option TO THE SD CARD
and you are done ....."

That's the problem!That option is not there!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what to tell you then, 4.0.4 is supposed to have that option.

At times with my downloaded apps, way back in ICS, I went to the app manager, clicked on the app and looked at the screen to see if it said "move to SD card". If it did like this, then I tapped on move to SD card.

Attachments

• 1432673032139.jpg
    1432673032139.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 7

Klovis 27

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
I don't know what to tell you then, 4.0.4 is supposed to have that option.

At times with my downloaded apps, way back in ICS, I went to the app manager, clicked on the app and looked at the screen to see if it said "move to SD card". If it did like this, then I tapped on move to SD card.

I know how it is supposed to work and is even supported in Gingerbread, the question is why isn't the option available???

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I know how it is supposed to work and is even supported in Gingerbread, the question is why isn't the option available???

I can not tell you why your phone is not working the way it is supposed to, sorry. I have no idea. All I can do is get you the directions from a Google search or instructions on how I did something.