How to share picture w/ original size and quality?

AV2RY

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
My GF has android phone and I WP. I need some way(s) to receive the pictures from her in full size and quality. we usually share pics via whatsapp but it compresses the pictures. OK but not the best way to share pics

We used Onedrive before, but it gives her some headaches, she doesnt like it.
When she emails them (from LG G3) they are still compressed. is there anyway to turn off the compression?
I dont want her to upload pics to G+... (same as OneDrive basically)

So, excluding these options, what other alternatives do we have? remember it's from Android to WP

Thanks in advance for any tips, help

Last edited:

AV2RY

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Update. Forget about WP. How this between two Android phones? I will buy one if I have to as long as I can receive pics as I need them -original size and quality

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
There's 2 simple ways I like. They are cross-platform compatible:

1. Email. However, I realize this is limited.

2. Cloud services such as Dropbox. For example, install Dropbox on the phone and enable the photo auto-upload option. Automatically uploads photos taken and in full resolution to a Camera Uploads folder on Dropbox. She can either log into Dropbox for access or tap on the folder and select Share to email a link for access.

Some other cloud services can do similar. Any files can shared, not just photos. And they're accessible from anywhere with anything with a browser.

Anyone with a Google account automatically has 15GB free space on Google Drive. But, the Google Drive app doesn't have auto photo upload - yet. The option is there but grayed out at this point. It should be available very soon. Until then the app FolderSync can provide that function.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae