I've been trying to update to Lollipop 5.0 these past 2 weeks on my Galaxy S4. I have two issues:
    1) When I go to settings->more->system update, it says my phone is up to date.
    It definitely isn't. But then I will get a notification every few days that I can update my phone, which is where problem #2 comes in

2) So i start to update my phone, I'm on wifi, I have battery, etc. I have 1.33 GB free on my phone and 32 GB SD card. The phone starts to update and then goes to a screen where it says my update has failed and i can use the power/volume buttons to choose what I want to do.
    (it's basically that black screen when the little droid bot in the middle with yellow text)
    This has happened 3 times, and I don't know what to do!

Thanks in advance for your help, and I apologize for all the grammar mistakes.
    05-17-2015 01:37 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which carrier are you on? Does the update message tell you how much free internal storage you need? If the total amount of space needed is getting close to your remaining available space you have, it might cause the update to fail. The microSD doesn't matter here, because it's not used in system updates.

You could try clearing out more Internal Storage by temporarily uninstalling apps you rarely use.
    05-18-2015 12:20 PM