I own my phone but my ex husband stole it. Boostmobile will not assist me because he changed my pin number. With Boostmobile it is very easy to do if you know only the pin number. They said basically I can't do anything. What can I do?
    05-18-2015 05:38 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Changed which PIN? If he didn't change your Google password, you should be able to use Android Device Manager to remotely wipe the phone: https://support.google.com/accounts/.../6160500?hl=en

If you're unable to access the phone via ADM, definitely make sure you've changed your Google password, which will make it impossible for him to access that sensitive information. Also consider changing the passwords for any other sensitive accounts that were on your phone (like bank accounts, credit cards, Facebook, etc.).
    05-18-2015 11:36 AM
    Go to your local police department and report that he stole it. Ask for the theft report. (Try to speak to a female officer, so you don't get the "it's only a cell phone, don't bother us" attitude.) You may have to wait a week or two before you can get a copy of the report, and you might have to pay a copying fee of a few dollars.

Then go to Sprint with the report and insist that they list it as a stolen phone. (That means that it can't be used on any phone network in the US. And he can be arrested for petty larceny and possession of stolen property.) They're required to by federal law. If they refuse, very conspicuously write down the associate's name and, if the last name isn't on the badge, ask for it - telling him or her that you'll need it for the federal complaint you're filing against Sprint. (And if that happens, watch the appologies and offers fly - the fine, if there are grounds to investigate, usually come to $10,000 per offense per day - counting from when you first asked them to deactivate it. If more instances are found, they're fined for that too. And some US attorneys, in an attempt to make a name for themselves, will hit a company with a RICO violation if there are 3 or more instances - the fine for that is a loss of profits, which could be in the billion dollar plus range for a company like Sprint. Not at least getting the store manager involved immediately is a career path leading to the unemployment office - and probably the "unemployable office")

And filing a complaint with the FCC is easy - FCC Complaints. If your complaint has no merit, they won't do anything to you, they'll just ignore it. (Your complaint, if Sprint refuses to list your phone as stolen, will have merit. The police report is all the grounds they need, and it's all Sprint needs. They're required to accept the police report as grounds to list it on the stolen phone list. Any nonsense about "easy to change the PIN" and take names and file the complaint. The PIN doesn't matter for putting it on the list, only the ESN does - and changing the ESN of a phone for fraudulent reasons is a federal felony. [It changes if you have to replace the motherboard because something went bad - that's legal.])
    06-04-2015 12:46 AM