Recently I have shattered my iPhone screen to where it is no longer usable... My friend was nice enough to give me his old Galaxy S4 as a temporary phone. I was not sure how I was going to feel about the Android interface but thus far I love it.

But, there is one issue that I am having.

I switched the SIM card from my iPhone to the Galaxy S4. The texting and phone works fine but I cannot get my data to work. I do have unlimited data and it was working fine (LTE/4G) fine on my iPhone before I switched it over. Is there some sort of setting that I need to configure properly for the data to work?

I have already tried taking out the sim card/battery and reinserting. Are there any other fixes? Thanks!
    05-18-2015 08:38 AM
    Try a Google search to find the APN settings for your carrier and then type them into your phone in Settings, More, Cellular Networks, Access Point Names. Save the APN when you are finished. It should work, good luck!
    05-18-2015 09:04 AM
    Recently I have shattered my iPhone screen to where it is no longer usable... My friend was nice enough to give me his old Galaxy S4 as a temporary phone. I was not sure how I was going to feel about the Android interface but thus far I love it.

But, there is one issue that I am having.

I switched the SIM card from my iPhone to the Galaxy S4. The texting and phone works fine but I cannot get my data to work. I do have unlimited data and it was working fine (LTE/4G) fine on my iPhone before I switched it over. Is there some sort of setting that I need to configure properly for the data to work?

I have already tried taking out the sim card/battery and reinserting. Are there any other fixes? Thanks!
    Welcome to the forums. What carrier do you have, and what carrier did the S4 come from?
    05-18-2015 09:09 AM