Any hope for my screen?

A

AC Question

I woke up one morning after some drinking to my Nexus 5 being lightly coated in... something. In addition, I had the phone charging during the night and the phone was quite hot to the touch, as was the charger. When I disconnected the phone, I noticed that it had taken much more force than usual to do so, and that the charger's metal connector had actually been blackened.
I forgot that I wasn't supposed to turn it on after it's been soaked, so I used it a little before correcting myself and removing the back cover and quickly wiping the inside before putting it in a bag of rice.
I let it sit in and out of the bag for about 5 days, after which I started to use it again out of necessity. I've noticed that one part of the screen doesn't work... at all... and it seems to me as if it doesn't charge very quickly, only charging a substantial amount with one charger I own.
I woke up one morning after some drinking to my Nexus 5 being lightly coated in... something. In addition, I had the phone charging during the night and the phone was quite hot to the touch, as was the charger. When I disconnected the phone, I noticed that it had taken much more force than usual to do so, and that the charger's metal connector had actually been blackened.
I forgot that I wasn't supposed to turn it on after it's been soaked, so I used it a little before correcting myself and removing the back cover and quickly wiping the inside before putting it in a bag of rice.
I let it sit in and out of the bag for about 5 days, after which I started to use it again out of necessity. I've noticed that one part of the screen doesn't work... at all... and it seems to me as if it doesn't charge very quickly, only charging a substantial amount with one charger I own.
I'd post a screenshot of the screen test results I'm getting, but I'm not allowed to post links.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I think the device may be too damaged to repair it and still be cost effective. Whatever fluid was coating the device, you don't know how long it was there, along with the fact that you turned on a wet device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan