Can I reach files on my moto g to save on computer if phone screen is not working?

A

AC Question

What I mean is, suddenly today my moto g screen is not registering my touch. I can't wipe up to unlock phone, I can't receive calls because no matter how much I tried to wipe screen to answer it won't do anything. I talked in motorola chat and was told that they will fix it at no charge providing that there is no liquid or physical damage. Not really sure what that could mean, but even though almost one year old the phone is still like new. THere were a few falls but I have a sturdy case on it. The screen - what I can see of it which is just the screen before unlocking looks fine .
Also the email sent by motorola tells me to back up data and software. I can't. I did connect the usb to the computer but since I can't unlock the phone the window that usually shows up to choose what I want to do and allows me to view and move files doesn't show. What I would like to know is if there is any way that I can get those files and back them up on computer. I have plenty of pictures and images that I would prefer not to loose, I have pictures of my classroom and students that can be used for the school web page but shouldn't be "out there".I have contacts that I don't know how to get again. I even have my bank application although it needs a password... is there any way to save this?
Thank you

arkaf

May 19, 2015
Visit site
I meant swipe. I can't swipe, it won't register so I'm unable to unlock the screen. I even tried to start on safe mode, but no matter how much I pressed or touched the screen it wouldn't register.

arkaf

May 19, 2015
Visit site
The screen does not seem to register my touch I swipe but nothing happens so I can't unlock . I press the power button, get to the screen with the time and I"m supposed to swipe up to be able to enter my 4 number to unlock except that swiping doesn't work so I can't get any further.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC