New transfer from iPhone 4s to Galaxy s6, and I've noticed that the Spotify app is quieter than other audio apps such as Google Play music, Soundcloud, or Youtube. Spotify on my s6 is also quieter than it was on my iPhone 4s. I have tested all of this by using the same song at the same volume across all platforms. This is quite annoying to me as I constantly listen to Spotify through my phone in my car, around the house, and at school/work.

I have already made sure that all EQs are off and that the volume I'm changing on my s6 is the "media" volume. Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this so that all my music apps can be on the same volume level?
    05-19-2015 12:23 AM
    Ugh. I have the same problem on my S6 and it is driving me nuts. Haven't found a solution yet - sorry OP.

It's usable over bluetooth at least, but I have to jack the volume all the way up on the phone. Line-out is extremely quiet for some reason and it's only a problem with Spotify. I compared directly with an iPhone 6, and don't have a problem with other apps.

Edit: Just did a little research and found this Reddit thread from almost a week ago. Someone who claims to be a developer for the app says it was a mistake and should be fixed soon.
    05-19-2015 01:13 PM
    Have you tried turning the equalizer on and using max volume, treble, and bass in the app settings?
    05-19-2015 01:37 PM
    I found a temporary fix on my s6. After opening spotify and starting a song, go to your stock music app and let it run in the background. The minute I open the other app, the music gets significantly louder.
    08-16-2015 03:32 PM