What is the best but cheapset rechargeable battery to use for Galaxy S3?

A

AC Question

I tried the power bank rechargeable battery but it does not take, I thought the first one I bought was bad and when I bought a second one it does the same thing so I know its not a bad battery, my phone is not compatible to it

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"Does not take" doesn't make sense. You plug in the external power source, whether it's a car, a portable charger or a power bank, and the phone should work - unless you've let the phone's battery discharge too far. (You should never let any lithium battery drop below 40% - not even the power bank.)

If the phone's battery is fully drained (a couple of percent or so), you'll have to wait at least a few hours - until the power bank recharges the battery. (The first hour doesn't charge it - it's called "ramp-up", and it's kind of preparation for charging.) I usually recommend waiting 24 hours before trying to turn a phone on if the battery was completely dead. (If it's dead enough, the phone won't even charge it - they you'll have to remove the battery from the phone and use an external "not-as-smart-as-the-phone" charger. Using a power bank will have the same problem - it's just a portable source of 5 Volts, the same, electrically, as a wall charger, as far as the phone is concerned.)

If you want instant use when you drain the battery too far, buy a spare battery or two, keep them fully charged, and keep them in your pocket (in some sort of soft or hard plastic case - a key shorting 2,000mAh lithium battery can get hot enough to start an above the thigh amputation - or even cause the battery to explode, causing a below the waist amputation).. I normally carry a wall charger, one of those USB-on-a-reel cords and a battery in a soft plastic case in my pocket. Have been since around the beginning of the century. (I still have 4 Motorola 7868 batteries and a phone, even though all they're good for now is looking at.)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12