Lollipop - Why Can't I Turn on services in Accessibility?

GTnHelena

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I cannot turn on services under accessibility for any app asking for it. NovaLauncher, Utter, and LastPass are there with the services off. When I try to turn them on I get a panel that says Use (app) and it wants permissions. I try to say OK, but it won't accept that. Lollipop is getting very frustrating. Does anyone have a solution or other ideas? I would revert to KitKat, but am not rooted and don't know how to go back. Lollipop is the ATT version even though I don't use ATT as a provider.

Pankaj89

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
I cannot turn on services under accessibility for any app asking for it. NovaLauncher, Utter, and LastPass are there with the services off. When I try to turn them on I get a panel that says Use (app) and it wants permissions. I try to say OK, but it won't accept that. Lollipop is getting very frustrating. Does anyone have a solution or other ideas? I would revert to KitKat, but am not rooted and don't know how to go back. Lollipop is the ATT version even though I don't use ATT as a provider.

I faced same problem with htc 728, I uninstalled the "eye filter" app, now it's working

Last edited by a moderator:

millerious

Oct 1, 2016
Visit site

YOU DON'T NEED TO UNINSTALL ANYTHING! All you need to do is to reboot your phone! It worked for me.

Julian Vladichev

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I had similar problem on my Galaxy S4. Every time i tried to switch on accessibility services for any app, when i moved the switch left to the on position i got the usual notification about permissions and when i pressed the ok on the notification the switch would revert to the off position. I had previously disabled the text to speech service and when i enabled it again the problem was gone. I hope this helps someone.

Ex P

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem of not being able to toggle the accessibility button to "ON" for apps I wanted to give access to, and after reading this thread I turned off my blue light filter (I use "Twilight") as someone had previously mentioned, and I was then able to go back under the accessibility menu and turn on access for my apps. Blue light filters seem to interfere with other apps like Amazon and EBay as well.

Actually it interferes with most apps period. .. i been havin this problem for a while ... and nor do i have and advanced settings option. ..i tried this and it worked almost surprisingly 👍👍💪💪💯

DoctorWu

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
I had similar problem on my Galaxy S4. Every time i tried to switch on accessibility services for any app, when i moved the switch left to the on position i got the usual notification about permissions and when i pressed the ok on the notification the switch would revert to the off position. I had previously disabled the text to speech service and when i enabled it again the problem was gone. I hope this helps someone.

Yes, it did help; fixed the same issue on my Galaxy S5. Thanks for posting.

Daventos

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
I realized I had mistakenly removed google text-to-speech. I have root and didn't think I needed it. I reinstalled from the play store and now accessibility works fine. I hope this helps this helps somebody. It was really frustrating!!!

LyndaKelly

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Thank you so much !! I registered to thank you all cos' when one of you mentioned Twilight I figured it sounded like my Night Mode I was running.... And it was. All sorted now.
Cheers,
Lynda~

Monsieur M

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site

Turn off your blue light filter if you have one. I also have Twilight Pro and turned it off as someone else had suggested and it works everytime I need to install a new app requiring access.

Kevin V1

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
Here's the solution

I think I can give some expert information.

1.if you are using Lollipop & samsung phone then try these =
disable ultra data saving mode
Check whether any custom application like screen filters or optimisation apps are creating issue
Reset app preferences & restart phone

2.if you are using phone with settings having options in battery section to optimization then - add needed apps to exclude from optimization. (check out in settings whether you have this option it is something deep inside)

General :: disable screen filter apps, optimization apps etc for a while.

Reset app preferences & restart

Make changes to inbuit settings and App which by setting up it to default settings or cancel changes you made recently

Disable ultra data saver application

Turn on notification permissions for desired app

Note : This problem is not caused by the OS or change in inbuit software. IT CAN BE SOLVED.

It is caused by any changes you have made recently

alexj714

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
At least on Motorola phones, two other factors are display and font size. Both must be set to default for accessibility setting choices to stick. They're on the same page — just scroll down a bit. This has been true for every Moto phone I've had.

Vishal Bas

Oct 17, 2017
Visit site
Finally.....after weeks of nightmares/frustrations a great solution to that damn accessibility issue is here...
Forget about lollipop icecreams rooting flashing whatever it is...right away hit the android market and install Install-Button-Unlocker that's it ! thank "IBU & Alert Window Checker" Developers instead from d button of hea......

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power