Why has Car Mode been disabled on my Samsung Galaxy S4?

jeffnmarci

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I would just like for someone to explain the wisdom behind disabling a feature that allows you to use your phone to text and answer calls without touching it. This has to be one of the safest features out there for use in your car. Why would this be disabled? The "Handsfree Mode" only tells you who has messaged you. It wont give you an option to read it out like "Car Mode" did.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which carrier? Did this happen after a system update? Certain carriers have a tendency to disable functions that others find very useful, and there is usually no clear reason why. Maybe the feature conflicts with some carrier-installed bloat.

jeffnmarci

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Verizon is the carrier. It worked fine until Lollipop installed. When I would receive a text message, it would ask if I wanted to read out or cancel. Once it read it out, it would give me the option to reply delete or cancel. Now, its there, but it is dimmed out and doesn't read our any texts.

Bajanbox

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Verizon is the carrier. It worked fine until Lollipop installed. When I would receive a text message, it would ask if I wanted to read out or cancel. Once it read it out, it would give me the option to reply delete or cancel. Now, its there, but it is dimmed out and doesn't read our any texts.
It was missing from our Rom but the drive link apk was installed, so I added it back to the pull down toggles. With a sq editor. Now it works fine on my device.
495cbe5629c8f9b52ddd66170f65fece.jpg