03-31-2017 11:30 AM
33 12
tools Reply
    Thank You! changed it to "outlook" from "hotmail" and it worked!
    12-03-2016 02:44 AM
    For those still struggling:
    for Yahoo: follow what Bethany444 above said. go into your yahoo settings (logged into a PC, not a mobile) then scroll down to turn "on" the option to allow less secure apps to sign in.

for Hotmail: by default the exchange server setting is set to "m.hotmail.com" change it to "m.outlook.com" and it should work. at least it did for me. follow cykodelik's advice above for that one.

Best of luck!
    12-03-2016 02:49 AM
    Bethany,
    I was in the same situation as you. followed Cykodelik's advice for hotmail and it worked! good luck!
    12-03-2016 02:52 AM
    hello , Just looking for an answer having the same problem like you I got crazy and stressed but after so many answers with no result I finally resolve the problem to the headache problem, and I know so may like you and me are having hard time to sign into yahoo mail just follow the steps and let me know if its work for you too.

1- sign in to your yahoo mail, go up to right where your name is show click account info
    2- click account security, & turn off Allow apps that use less secure sign in
    3- Click manage Apps Passwords
    4- select your App, click generate
    5- go to your device to add the mail as you used to do it but instead of writing your email password just write the one that is been generate on the computer and write it as is don't care about if it's said that about spaces just continue and click next and follow the steps for sync.
    the rest is story
    I have been at this all day, absolutely furious and then came you. Thank u so much. Finally something that allowed me to restore my yahoo mail. Ugh, again, THANK U SO MUCH!!!
    12-03-2016 07:17 PM
    i canot set up my email adress on my android device please help to figure it out
    02-14-2017 11:32 AM
    i canot set up my email adress on my android device please help to figure it out
    Welcome to Android Central! More details would be helpful. Which phone? Which email app? Which email provider?
    02-14-2017 12:02 PM
    So i finally have a day off ... yay! It sucks so far because after deciding to try to set my yahoo mail up on my note 3 neo and failing, several times. I now cant access the internet, which means i have to be stuck at home all day. Wifi is on and connected. I can even open the login page for the router. And the dsl connecton is clearly fine because i am posting this to you folks there quite happily.
    I tried battery in, battery out. Checked time and date are correct. It must be some stupid samsung email setup account thing i guess.
    Please help
    03-31-2017 04:14 AM
    Well weird. I gave up, put phone on to charge and went to surf for pc specs after posting the above. I've just come back, turned wifi on and .... got a whatsapp message. Most strange. Anyway, all good, even if I haven't a clue why!
    03-31-2017 11:30 AM
33 12