I got a new phone recently running android 4.2.2, its network selection seems to be different to my old phone running Android 4.1.1.

Heres the problem: I live in ireland but on the border with Northern Ireland which is in the UK.
    I have patchy coverage of Irish mobile networks in my home but it works enough in certain areas of the house for me to make calls, send texts etc.
    With my old phone I would go to Network Operators - Search network and I'd choose the my carrier - vodafone IE.
    When the phone was out of coverage of Vodafone IE it would have no coverage (ie it did not switch to another network or start roaming).

With my new phone running 4.2.2 I do the same selection but when the phone is out of coverage it picks up the next available network which in my case is a UK one and so its now roaming. Even when I go back to an area of the house where I can get vodafone IE it doesnt automatically switch back, I have to manually switch it back.

This really makes the phone unusable for me as I am having to switch it back 4 or 5 times a day. Is there any way I can get it to work like my old phone did?

thanks!
    05-20-2015 11:24 AM