Hi

Can anyone help me out there?

I've just bought an A5 and its battery is draining too fast. I've set the brightness to the minimum and also disable the back-light and remove all unnecessary applications and also modified the setting with more restriction, BUT STILL IT IS SHOWING 55% SCREEN USAGE...is this NORMAL?

I would really appreciate for some help.
    05-21-2015 12:55 AM
    Please send screenshots of your battery usage stats after a day's normal use.
    Also, tell us what your signal strength is like.
    Give some description of what you do with the phone.
    We'll then attempt a diagnosis.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-21-2015 08:17 AM
    Hi

Can anyone help me out there?

I've just bought an A5 and its battery is draining too fast. I've set the brightness to the minimum and also disable the back-light and remove all unnecessary applications and also modified the setting with more restriction, BUT STILL IT IS SHOWING 55% SCREEN USAGE...is this NORMAL?

I would really appreciate for some help.
    Like belodion said, we need to see the battery charts. One thing to keep in mind: Your battery may still be in the break in period. Give it another day or 2 and see what happens.

In regard to your screen, your battery stats while on KK will read like this: Say you have 70% battery remaining. You have used 30% of your battery. Your screen says 50%. You have to take the 50% versus what is drained. In this example, the battery has used 15% of the total battery (30/2=15).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...ery-stats.html
    belodion and Natalia Khalifa like this.
    05-21-2015 08:51 AM
    okay, for the screenshots, i will send it by tomorrow...

signal strength is like -- 2 bars 1 bar :/ NO BAR ...rare case of 4 bars -_-
    what i do -- morning charge it 100% ... gym>> nothing just some msgs.. and for the whole day, can say 1hour talk , 20mins msgs and just checking the battery status (settings>power saving)
    no games, no emails, no fb, no tweets, nothing, just pure basics...thats why i feel like crying the whole time i see how the juice is going down so fast..

yesterday, i put it on flight mode, doing some other important work at home, i didn't touch it, it stayed idle, it was 94%, after 3 hours, tadaaaaaaa....still 94%!!! Screen usage 26%...idle 41%...and when i set it back to signal, you could see tears in ma eyes, screen f*%$ from 26 to 68% in a go, brightness the lowest..my god, sincerely i really love the phone...

Question: will i be able to play games or emails or ?
    05-22-2015 12:17 AM
    Please send screenshots of your battery usage stats after a day's normal use.
    Also, tell us what your signal strength is like.
    Give some description of what you do with the phone.
    We'll then attempt a diagnosis.

i will send the screenshots tomorrow.
    signal strength - 2bars>1bar(mostly)<no bar..rarely 4 bars
    what i do > morning - fully charged
    whole day (left home 7 a.m) - about 1 hour talk, 20mins msgs and for the time being just checking the battery status every 30mins..no fb, no games, no tweets, nothing...just basics
    back home (7 p.m) - 26 % left...

thank you
    05-22-2015 12:35 AM
    golfdriver97 thank you, i will do some mathematics today

what is the break in period?? :O
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    05-22-2015 12:51 AM
    Thank you for the details of your usage. The break-in period that Golfdriver97 refers to is the first few days, or perhaps a week.
    Your signal strength is poor, which will make matters worse, but I'm not convinced that the poor signal is entirely responsible for the battery drain. But the very great improvement in battery life when you switched on Airplane Mode proves that something bad is happening. The screenshots of the battery usage stats, when you send them later, will help us to judge what it is.
    If it is convenient to do so, it may also be worth asking your network provider or carrier to test the SIM.

Golfdriver97 likes this.
    05-22-2015 05:36 AM
    okay, for the screenshots, i will send it by tomorrow...

signal strength is like -- 2 bars 1 bar :/ NO BAR ...rare case of 4 bars -_-
    what i do -- morning charge it 100% ... gym>> nothing just some msgs.. and for the whole day, can say 1hour talk , 20mins msgs and just checking the battery status (settings>power saving)
    no games, no emails, no fb, no tweets, nothing, just pure basics...thats why i feel like crying the whole time i see how the juice is going down so fast..

yesterday, i put it on flight mode, doing some other important work at home, i didn't touch it, it stayed idle, it was 94%, after 3 hours, tadaaaaaaa....still 94%!!! Screen usage 26%...idle 41%...and when i set it back to signal, you could see tears in ma eyes, screen f*%$ from 26 to 68% in a go, brightness the lowest..my god, sincerely i really love the phone...

Question: will i be able to play games or emails or ?
    Your signal doesn't seem so great. That may be the bigger part of your battery drain. It might be that your phone has a physical bad radio in it and a simple exchange might see some results.

As far as the question of laying games and emails: yes. You can do those things. I think for right now, we should try to figure out your signal issues first.

Edit: belodion's idea of testing the SIM is a good first step. This may help a lot without doing any sort of exchange. I would definitely start talking with your carrier about this so that at least you are on record with them about the issues with the device.

By the way: Since you are new, have you made an Introduction thread? You can start your own here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/introductions/ and say hi to the rest of the community.
    belodion likes this.
    05-22-2015 08:53 AM