Wow.Here's a head stomping question:

I had to switch phones due to the Metro Pcs/Tmobile merger. I went from an LG to another LG Optimus. Same cellphone plan, no changes. Never had an issue with Metro in over 10 years.

Once I got home I saw that I kept getting the error messages " no network found" or Emergency calls only, etc UNLESS I went in my settings and enabled wifi to make calls. Problem is that as soon as I move to another room away from router, call is dropped.

I can make calls on the road but not at home unless it's wifi connected.

It's crazy that I can only talk or text in my chair, but if I move two feet, I get the message out of range and call is dropped.

Please someone tell me what I need to do!
    05-21-2015 05:19 PM
    Is the wifi dropping as well? Does it do this on other devices in your house? Also does wifi stay connected on the LG when you're not on a call?

Since you're now using the GSM network versus the old CDMA network it could mean that your Metro service won't be as great at your house anymore. Not saying GSM is worse but the coverage of it for your area may have a dead spot at your house.
    05-21-2015 05:37 PM
    Welcome to the forums!

Have you talked to T-mobile about this? Do you not have good T-mobile coverage at home?

Also if your router range isn't good in your home, you can drop calls making WiFi calls. The middle of the house is the best place for the best coverage, but not usually a good place to have a router.
    05-21-2015 05:39 PM
    I never have used wifi to make any calls before switching yesterday. Now I have to use wifi to make calls and receive/send texts..I don't want to use the wifi, I just want my normal way of calling people up..lol..

The router is in my home office, but as soon as I move to the kitchen, for example, my calls get dropped..it's frustrating when you work out of the home.

I saw the cdma versus the gsm network..will that make a difference? and why would my phone not work without wifi if I am in an area with 4g network?

Is is time to maybe leave Metro PCS with this merger and my phone just not working?
    05-21-2015 05:49 PM
    It should work without WiFi if there is phone signal.

Almeuit knows more about the bands than I do.

As far as your router and WiFi range, sometimes your company will drop the range. I was suddenly not getting good coverage on one end of the house and called and they said it was too low and did something over the phone.

With my mom, I got her a Smart TV one Christmas and her router was in the office downstairs and there was no WiFi upstairs in the back where her room is. I called AT&T to see if they would bring her a router with better coverage. They just brought another router, no monthly charge and installed it in her room, behind a dresser. Many things can interfere with WiFi signal. You can also buy range extenders for WiFi at Staples. Walmart has them, but places like Best Buy, Staples, Office, Depot, have a better selection.

If you turn it off WiFi, how many bars do you have ever for signal?

I also don't know how well WiFi calling works, AT&T doesn't have it. I don't have good signal on my house, but I do have a microcell from AT&T in my house. The signal around me is good, down the street, just not great in my driveway or house. Others call it different things. It hooks up to my Internet and gives me 3G calling only and covers texting. I don't use it for getting online at home, but can. Some of the newer ones have 4G calling and data.
    05-21-2015 06:01 PM
    Thanks for all help I am getting..I went out and had no problem making calls ( as long as I rebooted the phone, took the wifi off three different settings and had to wait 15 minutes)..

Inside now NO BARS at all..I get the message "emergency calls only"...unless I turn all settings to wifi and then wait and I can make calls, text etc..BUT if I move five feet away from router, ALL GONE..call dropped, etc..

Two days ago with my Metro connection..no problems..now with the new TMobile deal, it's been a nightmare..
    05-21-2015 08:22 PM
    Ok, you have no cell signal on your house.

Can you be further away from the router and get on the Web?

Like I said, I don't know about WiFi calling and texting, don't know the requirements for it.

As far as calls you might can get T-mobile to give you their version of the microcell, which will take care of your text and call issues, if you want to stay with them.

But, you need to also make sure your WiFi is behaving as it should for getting on the net. If it isn't working right, I would contact my Internet people, they might just need to switch out your modem. If it is just the phone calls and texts that aren't working correctly, then I would contact T-mobile and ask them how they will correct it for you.
    05-21-2015 11:08 PM