My download manager started to randomly download files. WHY?

A

AC Question

Hey guys/ladies.
My download manager just started today downloading random files which i have no clue where there coming from cause the files are a bunch of jiberish.
Its on my new S6 running kernel 3.10.61.
In the notifications bar it keeps appearing and disappearing at random times its starting to get annoying. At first it was up to around 1000 files now its around 26.
I do have a screenshot but i dont know how to apply one on here.

Please any help would be great.

00b3r89

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Hey. Like i said its all a bunch of jiberish.

I have attached the screenshot of what it looks like.
When you touch it to see if it will open anything it doesnt. If you hold it, it only shows the download manager.

I have no idea.....

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1180.jpg
    1180.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 23

00b3r89

May 22, 2015
Visit site
I think i found the problem.
I had downloaded yahtzee with buddies yesterday. I didnt really think that would of been the cause because it had stopped in the arfternoon. But when i reopened it last night it had started again. So i uninstalled it and hasnt come bak yet.... *touch wood*.

So anyone else out there that finds this problem it could actually be a game or app you have recently downloaded from the play store. (not saying that its the play stores fault).

Thankyou for your help anyways.
Kind regards
00b3r89

Posted via the Android Central App

karlscha

May 7, 2016
Visit site
I have determined that Minions Paradise seems to be causing it for me. Hopefully EA will patch the game. Perhaps other games or apps have some bad code that makes their in app downloads show up in download manager.