I have an old flip top phone,,and want to join the 21st. century ,,yes,,I need advice,,android or I phone,,,
    05-22-2015 11:40 AM
    Hello. I will take a stab.

You see Apple folk are cunning and nasty, whereas Android people are all cute and cuddly.

Seriously, you should definitely see if an iPhone suits you. The standard iPhone 6 is a nice size, imv, unless you go for an older 5 or 5s.

In Android world, if you are new and don't want to have to learn too much, I find Samsung's higher tier phones have settings that make things relatively simple, but can do an awful lot if you are feeling adventurous. Great screens too.
    The same can probably be said of HTC's version of Android.
    Google Nexus devices are great for the bare bones enthusiast, and you have Motorola which are renowned for call quality and useful everyday features.
    Sony Xperia Z3 is another great device.

If your contacts mostly use iPhones, that's worth considering.

Have a look at what you like in a store.
    Also tell us what size and price point you would like. If you are looking at price plans, I would heartily recommend at least 3 - 4gb of data, even if you would start as a light user. If you are in wifi areas mostly, you can get by with less. I use 12 - 20 gb.

Android Central have model reviews, specific Forums where you can ask questions, and a General Help and How To forum with Ambassadors Guides to Android features. Try registering and say hi in Introductions (Android Central Community) where you can get more advice.
    Hello. I will take a stab.

You see Apple folk are cunning and nasty, whereas Android people are all cute and cuddly.

Seriously, you should definitely see if an iPhone suits you. The standard iPhone 6 is a nice size, imv, unless you go for an older 5 or 5s.

In Android world, if you are new and don't want to have to learn too much, I find Samsung's higher tier phones have settings that make things relatively simple, but can do an awful lot if you are feeling adventurous. Great screens too.
    The same can probably be said of HTC's version of Android.
    Google Nexus devices are great for the bare bones enthusiast, and you have Motorola which are renowned for call quality and useful everyday features.
    Sony Xperia Z3 is another great device.

If your contacts mostly use iPhones, that's worth considering.

Have a look at what you like in a store.
    Also tell us what size and price point you would like. If you are looking at price plans, I would heartily recommend at least 3 - 4gb of data, even if you would start as a light user. If you are in wifi areas mostly, you can get by with less. I use 12 - 20 gb.

Android Central have model reviews, specific Forums where you can ask questions, and a General Help and How To forum with Ambassadors Guides to Android features. Try registering and say hi in Introductions (Android Central Community) where you can get more advice.
    05-22-2015 12:18 PM