I ran lolly pop update on my Galaxy S4. now I get touch wiz has stopped working error message

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
My solution would be to install Nova Launcher - I can't stand TW (it's just Samsung's launcher). You can install the Galaxy Launcher (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.epic.launcher.gs&token=00h7LK9t is the S6 version) from the Play Store. If you can get things running long enough to get to Settings, go to General/Application manager, go to the TW launcher, scroll down to Clear defaults, and tap it. That makes that launcher no longer the default. Then when you should be going to the home screen, a choice menu will pop up, asking which launcher you want to use. Choose one, tap Just once and see if you like it. Try a few of them and tap Always for the one you want to always come up without the choice menu. (You can clear the default on that one too, if you change your mind in the future.

The other way would be to bring the phone to your carrier and ask them if they could please reflash the update for you.